Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus G73JH using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parts as in new additional hardware than native "G73JH" ?
Drone4zone

just replacement parts keyboard, speaker, overclock/lighting/quickboot cable.

yeah I know what you mean this Laptop seems to have me adding hardware,software all the time ,it was orig "bestBuy " series with lower res screen,and lower RAM,no bluetooth,one HD 750GB,so Ive slowly been swapping it out to OEM.During that time I damaged the speaker socket on the motherboard ,seems to small to replace with my soldering iron ,but I can use my base speaker which is not to bad ,or I use USB speaks ...I have swappable SSD drives that I use in place of DVD bay,which is nice .one HD runs Yosemite perfect,and the other SSD has El Capitan version which runs better Graphics ,but there is no shut down or sleep ,still have not figured out why ...was wondering what you were working on an "AC" patch if that was something that needs addressed as well ...seems my powerManagement is running ok throttle and turbo on platforms 10.10,10.11

Drone4zone

@maromi
so I did clean install 10.11 ,only issue I have is no Shutdown ,no Sleep.. Are you having any issues with el capitan ?
Drone4zone

I can tell you that it is 100% a USB issue. I completely disabled all USB ports/devices in the bios settings and sleep/wake and shutdown will function. It's not any of the built-in devices or the external ports specifically because enabling one and not the the other respectively still had the issue

I can tell you that it is 100% a USB issue. I completely disabled all USB ports/devices in the bios settings and sleep/wake and shutdown will function. It's not any of the built-in devices or the external ports specifically because enabling one and not the the other respectively still had the issue

thanks maromi,
only USB setting in bios was legacy enable or disable ? that what you were quoting here ? that would be great easy fix , I will let you know how it works out my friend ,happy new year !

thanks maromi,
only USB setting in bios was legacy enable or disable ? that what you were quoting here ? that would be great easy fix , I will let you know how it works out my friend ,happy new year !

Its under I/O security settings.

Its under I/O security settings.

Same issue on my HM55-based K52JT laptop.

Sleep/Wake + Shutdown will work perfectly with disabling USB interface in I/O security.

I guess the issue may be related to the EHCI Controller driver, because sleep/wake is still not working even though I have disabled the internal hub for both EHC1 and EHC2.

Any news?

Hello guys, i am pretty new in Hackintosh. Have a problem with G73JH-A1, installed Yosemite 10.10 followed all instructions in first post, all working except the Audio, upgraded the Mac to 10.10.5, again no Audio. All other things working like a charm.

I am ready to send donation for the help. Irealy need this Mac working perfect on my machine.

Hello guys, i am pretty new in Hackintosh. Have a problem with G73JH-A1, installed Yosemite 10.10 followed all instructions in first post, all working except the Audio, upgraded the Mac to 10.10.5, again no Audio. All other things working like a charm.

I am ready to send donation for the help. Irealy need this Mac working perfect on my machine.

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Also, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Also, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Also post output of:
Code:

Lol after this command:
Code:

I founded that the kexts need to be signed, so i added kext-dev-mode=1 in boot args and all working...

Lol after this command:
Code:

I founded that the kexts need to be signed, so i added kext-dev-mode=1 in boot args and all working...

kext-dev-mode=1 has no effect with 10.11. This guide is for 10.11, not 10.10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back