Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus G73JH using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry about that removed other devices.
also its a BRCM1043 device. i was having issues injecting prior to 10.11.

I've added a few non-PatchRAM devices to BrcmPatchRAM as there is the advantage I mention on 10.10 and then you have one solution for all.

there is a build of BRCMPatchRAM that supports this device.

Statement or question? If statement, the statement is false. I'll add to next build.

I've added a few non-PatchRAM devices to BrcmPatchRAM as there is the advantage I mention on 10.10 and then you have one solution for all.

Statement or question? If statement, the statement is false. I'll add to next build.

its an old build not for 10.11

it was tested on 10.10 with sleep

haven't tested any builds for brcm2 on 10.11 due to needing a new top panel button board its a $3 fix to get sleep working again.

its an old build not for 10.11

it was tested on 10.10 with sleep

haven't tested any builds for brcm2 on 10.11 due to needing a new top panel button board its a $3 fix to get sleep working again.

I don't understand what you're trying to provide...

I will put your device into the next version of BrcmPatchRAM.

I don't understand what you're trying to provide...

I will put your device into the next version of BrcmPatchRAM.

Thanks. that was the only tested build i was using in yosemite.

will this BrcmPatchRAM work for "AR9287" ? my G73JH has mini half wifi BT combo installed not native BT270

@maromi
hey followed your guide here everything seems to work pretty good under "Yosemite"...as for updating to El Captain, the link to that guide ,seems to broken,I tried to update with updater app store, and just get spinning volleyball after reboot ,even with updated configPlist ..(you posted on Github,addyourOwnSerial)
so I did clean install 10.11 ,only issue I have is no Shutdown ,no Sleep.. Are you having any issues with el capitan ?
Drone4zone

@maromi
hey followed your guide here everything seems to work pretty good under "Yosemite"...as for updating to El Captain, the link to that guide ,seems to broken,I tried to update with updater app store, and just get spinning volleyball after reboot ,even with updated configPlist ..(you posted on Github,addyourOwnSerial)
so I did clean install 10.11 ,only issue I have is no Shutdown ,no Sleep.. Are you having any issues with el capitan ?
Drone4zone

Currently waiting on parts it boots fine but needed some key parts for sleep and shiutdown testing; also I'm seeing a lot of issues on similar laptops, g51jx, and g53jx. The common thing among them are Clarksfield cpu's and smbios mbp6,2. I did get shutdown working with booting w/o caches.

Parts as in new additional hardware than native "G73JH" ?
yes it seems strange I think I got it to shutdown a few times tinkering with kexts and clover settings but it was not stable,I sometimes have the mouse curser wild ,and have to use keyboard to boot ,I noticed every time i cold boot themes on track pad is normal . i get control of the mouse curser,not sure how to resolve that issue .I tried to make sense of the usb patching but it's confusing to much info to process ,I will wait on a simple patch ,or maybe try to start from scratch with a clean DSDT .I will let you know how thing unfold along the way.
Drone4zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back