Contribute
Register

GUIDE: Asrock Z68 Pro3 Gen3

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day Effendi,

Hope you are well, I have a small question regarding audio on your board.

As you can see i have Asrock z68 pro3 on 1.60 bios, i used the same applehda and hdef dsdt from toleda and managed to get audio from the back connectors. somehow the front jacks get some weird compression, it sounds almost like a compressed mp3 and low volume with artefacts. Are you getting the same thing?

I'm just trying to confirm a dud in my system or indeed a faulty kext.
thanks for the help

Also can't help you with that, unfortunately, as I'm using a rigged Powermac case without the front audio port. :(

But please keep us up to speed once you figured it out!

i exactly followed your instructions, but for me there is no sound :(

it always says that there are no sound devices...
also the sleep thing don't works for me. the system shuts down the hard drives, but the cpu and fans are still running...

any ideas?

ZoSar said:

also the sleep thing don't works for me. the system shuts down the hard drives, but the cpu and fans are still running...

any ideas?
Hi ZoSar, are you using 12.2 smbios?
I suggest using the 12.1 smbios.

MacMini 5.1 works fine here.

wellstone said:
ZoSar said:

any ideas?
Hi ZoSar, are you using 12.2 smbios?
I suggest using the 12.1 smbios.

I too did the instructions exactly and but when i rebooted the system just turned the fans. :think: can anyone tell me what I did wrong? Is the board ruined or something because it's brand new?

No one will be able to tell you from far away. In 99% of all cases, people just did not stick to the instructions. Can you boot from a Linux DVD? If yes, your board is most likely not damaged at all. Just retake the above steps, and stick to the instructions.

Effendi said:
No one will be able to tell you from far away. In 99% of all cases, people just did not stick to the instructions. Can you boot from a Linux DVD? If yes, your board is most likely not damaged at all. Just retake the above steps, and stick to the instructions.

I don't know what happened so I unplugged everything, cleared the cmos and removed that little battery on the board and somehow that worked. I did a little more research and I found out I needed a newer version of lion. I'm going to try again with version 10.7.3 of lion because it gave me an error whenever I booted from the lion drive with version 10.7.1.

I'm keep getting stuck at the grey installation screen. The grey circle goes for about 3 seconds before it stops. Could someone walk me through how to configure the BIOS / UEFI? That's probably where I'm off course. Here's what I'm doing.

1. Exit > Load UEFI Defaults, OK
2. Boot > Boot Option #1 > Change to USB Drive
3. Advanced > Storage Configuration > SATA Mode Selection > Change to ACHI
4. Exit > Save Changes and Exit, OK

I've formatted, partitioned and installed Mountain Lion as instructed onto my 16 GB USB drive via my macbook. My PC's HDD is partitioned with Windows 7 on one and space for OS X on the other partition. When I boot from the USB, the iBoot screen has 3 options: USB, System Reserved & Windows NTFS. I've been choosing USB.

I've been stuck for the past couple days, so I'd greatly appreciate a little help setting me straight. Thanks!

Could you please provide us with some insight into what booting in verbose mode ("-v" at the prompt or choose verbose from the dropdown) reveals as the reason to stop? I wonder if it is because you are trying to use one HDD for both OS, as I always use seperate HDDs for them. But that's just me guessing, let us know what -v reveals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back