Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac, i9-9900K, RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ammulder Great guide!

I followed it very closely with the only difference in my setup being that I have a Vega 64 instead of an RX580. Everything works until Step 7 of the 'Install Procedure' section of the guide i.e. the very first boot into Mojave after installation. It tries to boot, take a while and then finally displays a screen with Grey & Black sections with the mouse pointer and nothing else. If I click the mouse pointer, it disappears and that is where the system gets stuck :( Tries it 3-4 times now always ends up in the same spot.

Any ideas? :(

@here For anyone interested, I solved my problem by using this guide to get the installation completed *but* copied the EFI from here (god bless their soul!!) for the first boot from USB after install (then proceeded to copy the EFI to the system drive) and all was good.

Also a PSA - @rj510 got TB3 working on this motherboard. Check out their amazing guide here.

Awesome work by the community. I'm a hackintosh n00b but already learned a lot just playing with this stuff for a couple of days this weekend. Keep up the good work!

@sffjawsh I plan to assemble myself exactly the same components, what RAM do you use?

Have you changed Wi-Fi to a different Mac?

Does the computer go to sleep well and wake up?

Which power supply and chassis do you use?

Could you please share your Clover downloader?

Thank you very much)

@sffjawsh I plan to assemble myself exactly the same components, what RAM do you use?

Have you changed Wi-Fi to a different Mac?

Does the computer go to sleep well and wake up?

Which power supply and chassis do you use?

Could you please share your Clover downloader?

Thank you very much)

Hello, response below:

RAM: 32GB(16GB X 2) of Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3000
Wi-Fi: Switched the card to bcm94352z and everything except unlock with Apple Watch works.
Power Management: Everything works like a charm - Sleep, Wake Up, Shutdown & Restart
Power Supply: Corsair SF750 Platinum
Case: Louqe S1

Sorry, what do you mean by Clover downloader? If you mean EFI, I used the one linked in @rj510's thread above.

Anyone updated to 10.14.5? Any specific procedure? Should be updating clover?

Edit - Did a normal system update from Apple update. Worked perfectly

Also faced an issue after the machine worked perfectly for 4 months. Whenever I plug in any USB device, the system randomly reboots. It's pretty Random. Sometimes immediately, sometimes on the login page and sometimes after 30 mins or 10 or a week. Anyone else facing this?

Last edited:
Hello, response below:

RAM: 32GB(16GB X 2) of Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3000
Wi-Fi: Switched the card to bcm94352z and everything except unlock with Apple Watch works.
Power Management: Everything works like a charm - Sleep, Wake Up, Shutdown & Restart
Power Supply: Corsair SF750 Platinum
Case: Louqe S1

Sorry, what do you mean by Clover downloader? If you mean EFI, I used the one linked in @rj510's thread above.

The fact is that in the coming days I will have exactly the same assembly, with the exception of the RAM and the Wi-Fi module. I understand correctly that you used the instructions from the user @ rj510, so that everything fully worked?

The fact is that in the coming days I will have exactly the same assembly, with the exception of the RAM and the Wi-Fi module. I understand correctly that you used the instructions from the user @ rj510, so that everything fully worked?

Yup, everything worked! I didn't see @rj510's guide until later. I used this guide to prepare the USB key and install macOS Mojave and used the EFI in the other thread to clean things up. Don't sweat it you'll be fine :)

Great Guide. Thanks for sharing. I am basically running the same system with an nvidia rtx 2070 card. Is there a good way to get a stable video output signal through the card in any way? I get it to booting up but got a lot of singal errors and display issues... no drivers available anyway.

Great Guide. Thanks for sharing. I am basically running the same system with an nvidia rtx 2070 card. Is there a good way to get a stable video output signal through the card in any way? I get it to booting up but got a lot of singal errors and display issues... no drivers available anyway.

That card (the entire RTX series in fact) is not supported in macOS :( You'll have to switch to a 10 series card + run High Sierra or just switch to an AMD based card. Sorry!

I basically have the same config besides the GPU. Also the ASRock Z390 itx and the i9 9900k. Is it possible to run Hackintosh via the hdmi output from the motherboard but only for hackintosh? So that i habe native graphics Support?! I have a NVidia graphics card which doesn’t work natively. For gaming in Windows I would rather want to stay with NVidia instead of AMD. At least for now.

Can someone explain what steps i have to follow in clover to get it working? or is there even a better way?

Best regards.
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back