Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac, i9-9900K, RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you tried getting the TB3/USB-C port working? Thanks @ammulder @d3mone @pupin for all the hard work too! Made my install very painless.

Do you have the custom DSDT? Can I try it on my build?
Using a custom DSDT created on another system is not a good idea and is destined to fail. You need to extract it on your own system after you've setup the UEFI exactly the way you'd like. Then use macIASL and add the necessary patches.

Last edited:
Got a perfect system install following this guide. No issues whatsoever. Got an external wifi and bluetooth module to not fiddle with it much. Stuck on thunderbolt. In the audio industry, thunderbolt plays a major role.

A few users reported that Thunderbolt IO shows up in the system info.

Thunderbolt: No hardware was found.

Disabled security mode in bios, still no luck. USB C works if I disable thunderbolt. Any luck, anyone?

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

Any links to the wifi module which can be replaced on the phantom itx/ac?

Hello!
Thanks for this amazing guide. I literally set my System up in 30 minutes and its almost flawless.
Heres my System:

Mainboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac
CPU: I9 9900K
RAM: 16 GB Corsaire Vengence LPX 3000 Mhz
GPU: Powercolor RX 580 8 GB
Monitor: Dual 4K BenQ EL2870U + Samsung U28E590D

I did not jet swap the Wifi Module, but its happening as soon as it is here.
I did not try Thunderbolt jet.
But I noticed one little thing and want to ask if someone has hat this problem and also a fix for it.

I noticed that the Menubar changes into a white bar on the Screen I am not working on.
Its no big deal because everything else works for me, but I wound change it if i could.

* Update *
a simple reinstall fixed it

Last edited:
Big THANK YOU to @ammulder @d3mone @pupin for their work on this. Once I got the bios properly setup, it was as easy as using the installation. So the hardware works!

For those still stuck on some stuff:

BIOS:
I rolledback my bios to 1.2. I know that pupin has the bios fix. I just had to scrap a previous ASUS itx board because I couldn't figure out my bios after installing the latest. So I am too scared to upgrade these.

BIOS Settings: as a reminder which can be found from various guides
CFG Lock - Disabled
Primary Graphics Adapter - PCI Express (w/Graphics Card) | Onboard (w/o Graphics Card)
VT-d - Disabled
XHCI Hand-off - Enabled
Fast Boot - Disabled
CSM - Disabled (Very Important, bios would recognize my Mojave USB installer but wouldn't boot from it!)

SMBIOS -
I've got it set for iMac 18,3. But I haven't tried the iMac 19,# settings which just came out.

I still need Sleep Help! Some people reported it wasn't working for them. Mine goes to sleep, but the screens don't wake up. I know the computer is awake because of the fans and the system light which switches from flashing to on.

Did anyone solve the sleep problem with the Asrock z390 itx? It isn't fully falling asleep automatically. The monitor turns off, but it's still somehow running (lights and fans are still on). I can however manually put it in sleep and it will sleep probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back