Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
VEGA 64
Mac
iMac
@ammulder Great guide!

I followed it very closely with the only difference in my setup being that I have a Vega 64 instead of an RX580. Everything works until Step 7 of the 'Install Procedure' section of the guide i.e. the very first boot into Mojave after installation. It tries to boot, take a while and then finally displays a screen with Grey & Black sections with the mouse pointer and nothing else. If I click the mouse pointer, it disappears and that is where the system gets stuck :( Tries it 3-4 times now always ends up in the same spot.

Any ideas? :(

Motherboard
Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
VEGA 64
Mac
iMac
@here For anyone interested, I solved my problem by using this guide to get the installation completed *but* copied the EFI from here (god bless their soul!!) for the first boot from USB after install (then proceeded to copy the EFI to the system drive) and all was good.

Also a PSA - @rj510 got TB3 working on this motherboard. Check out their amazing guide here.

Awesome work by the community. I'm a hackintosh n00b but already learned a lot just playing with this stuff for a couple of days this weekend. Keep up the good work!

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
@sffjawsh I plan to assemble myself exactly the same components, what RAM do you use?

Have you changed Wi-Fi to a different Mac?

Does the computer go to sleep well and wake up?

Which power supply and chassis do you use?

Could you please share your Clover downloader?

Thank you very much)