Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asrock UEFI Boot Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I copy and paste any of the commands you provide I get the error message: sudo: command not found.

What am I doing wrong?

Try now. It seems the move to the new forum software messed up some of the quoted commands in the original guide.

Maybe I am silly but..
I checked all your four boxes.. had the exact same problem with my asrock board (I could not select to boot uefi from my install drive).
and all I did was this:

https://blog.thirdechelon.org/2015/10/hackintosh-asrock-z87e-itx-and-os-x-10-11-el-capitan/

took a few seconds

That was published the day after I posted the original guide. They both achieve similar things by manipulating the same bits of information.

It also assumes the user was able to access the UEFI shell from Unibeast to begin with.

It also assumes users would be able to identify the correct partition from a less than informative list...

Last edited:
I think the best way to solve this problem is using EasyUEFI in windows and add Clover boot entry.

ASR has come out with a BIOS update for the Z97 Extreme 4. I will assume that it has also been updated on all the Z97 boards. Don't know if it will fix the UEFI problem reported here, though, as I run in Legacy. But if someone hasn't yet installed OSX they may want to update the BIOS before starting.

AWESOME!:clap::clap:
Had many boot entries on UEFI,made os x boot very slow,so reseted UEFI/BIOS and did this exercise and VOILA.never thought this efivar would help.used Mint18 distro, now boots up in a flash.:headbang:

Worked like a charm on an Asrock Z97M PRO4 :)

Thanks..

Worked like a charm on my Asrock Z97M pro4
Thank you so much :)

Ooops.. sorry double post..

thanks work and for me

I'm running an Asrock B85M-ITX board and experiencing the issue outlined in your guide; however, like some other users, I am unable to boot from the UEFI: Linux USB flash drive that I created while following your instructions. I've tried resetting the CMOS but whenever I select the UEFI boot flash drive option it simply refreshes the selection page in an endless loop.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back