Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asrock UEFI Boot Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may internally be looking for a unique identifier (Im thinking UUID type) belonging to the partition where OSX was installed. That would make sense. So when you install again, the UUID changes, it can no longer associate with the original valid partition.

That makes sense. Great to learn through trial and error. What being a geek is all about :ugeek:

@WonkeyDonkey
I apologize in advance if I say something stupid, but for this issue I've always used the steps indicated by Giacomoleopardo in your thread:
WonkeyDonkey's Steambox Pro - Z87E-ITX - Core i7 4770S - GTX 760 Gaming ITX
here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...7-4770s-gtx-760-gaming-itx-29.html#post901491
I think it's an easier procedure, if it works for all of course.

I know some people have had it working on this board, but it never worked properly for me until I found this fix.

When I click on UEFI Clover nothing happens and when I click on the SSD that El Capitan is installed I get "BOOTMGR is missing" or something like that. What's going on here?

ASRock z77 pro4

Do you think this will work for any mobo? When I take out my USB it goes straight to "Insert bootable drive".

When I click on UEFI Clover nothing happens and when I click on the SSD that El Capitan is installed I get "BOOTMGR is missing" or something like that. What's going on here?

ASRock z77 pro4

I have the same mobo. Like I mentioned before in this thread, you have the option to reset your cmos and apply the guide again. Depending with which bios settings you installed El Capitan (default), you should`nt have any troubles.

Do you think this will work for any mobo? When I take out my USB it goes straight to "Insert bootable drive".

The UEFI standard is common across most manufacturers these days, so I dont see why not. It has not been tested on other boards though.

If you follow the first steps to get the efibootmgr installed, and run the program then check the output, it should be similar.

If you want to be absolutely safe, try changing something trivial such as the boot order of the existing drives, reboot and check the changes, then do a bios reset to check it reverts back to default. If that all works ok, you should be just fine.

Well I tried this guide twice. Can't get it work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong I followed this guide to the letter. Every time I click on UEFI Clover in the boot menu I return to the same screen like people I've said before. I give up since no one actually explains this stuff in normal language that people like me can't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back