Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asrock UEFI Boot Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey darthpotato,I had same problem see my post right above yours and follow my link see if that helps... Also I was unable to remove the non working boot entries that Linux made without a cmos reset. I'll try to help you and explain what I can long the way.

Basically both methods do the same thing but for what ever reasons boot entry's created with Linux were un-bootable at least on my board.

I tried following the 2nd guide as well. I actually have no clue what to do. For example,

Shell> map fs*Show all partitions
Shell> fs0: (or fs1: or fs2: ...)Switch to fs0, fs1, fs2,... partitions
Shell> ls List the contents of current partition / directory

Shell> cd \efi\boot Change the directory to \efi\boot

Shell> ls

what is the underlined portion supposed to mean?

unplug all others disk drives hard drives any thing that is not needed. all you need is hdd with osx and clover usb drive.

when you use the command "map fs*" it will list all partitions on hard disk and usb drive.

it will name each partition in following order fs0: fs1: etc.

you need to figure out which one is the EFI partition on hard drive.

so example lets try fs1: to do that type "FS1:" and enter. (dont use cd when selecting just type appropriate label such as FS1: )

notice that the shell changes to relect this on command line.

then type "ls" ls is a command that lists all files and folders in the partition we just selected in previous step.

if you see a folder called EFI proceed to next step if not reboot and start over and pick FS2: instead.

then when you see the EFI folder, type "cd \EFI\BOOT" then type,

bcfg boot add 0 bootx64.efi "Clover"

leave the quotation marks in the command above omit quotations every where else you see them in this post.

remove usb restart computer and select entry in boot menu called clover.

follow this post to letter and youll be okay i condensed it just for you :thumbup:

also if you look through the long string of seemingly random numbers you will see somewhere for each one where is says usb or hdd the right one will be a hdd. the ones with usb in the line are the usb drive. so none of the ones that have usb are the right one.

Alright thanks. I will try that.

Also I have another question. When I boot into El Capitan with Clover USB and install the bootloader, is it normal for it to disappear after I try to reboot again with Clover USB?

And I'm having a difficult time with Clover configurator because there are three config.plist files and I don't know which one I am supposed to change the SMBIOS, if that is of any importance.

(Also when I tried the linux method, I didn't have to reset the CMOS, I just reinstalled the BIOS)

mabey on that board because its and invalid entry. cant really answer that one because you have a newer model then me. also make sure csm is disabled in the bios. as for smbios i would try macpro3,1
for the time being.

your welcome and happy hackintoshing :beachball:

I spoke too soon! When I replug all my hard drives, the same problem happens. Can't boot into Clover. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

ACTUALLY! WRONG! What happens was that I assigned the EFI on the USB ITSELF, NOT ON THE SYSTEM DRIVE! So when I plugged my EL CAPITAN USB, it booted automatically into CLOVER UEFI.

lol patience youll get it

So basically what happened was that fs0 was the EFI on the USB drive. I need to find the EFI that is located on the system drive right? What if it's not there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back