Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] ASRock Rack EP2C602

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like your CPUPM method doesn't work with SandyBridge CPUs. However I couldn't find any available AICPM patches for Catalina, which means I have to flash the modified BIOS right?

It seems like your CPUPM method doesn't work with SandyBridge CPUs. However I couldn't find any available AICPM patches for Catalina, which means I have to flash the modified BIOS right?

Ivy and Sandy are different beasts since Apple never released a product with Sandybridge architecture. I would start with using nullcpupowermanagement to make sure you can establish a stable system. If that is all successful, then you can worry about enabling CPUPM.

Ivy and Sandy are different beasts since Apple never released a product with Sandybridge architecture. I would start with using nullcpupowermanagement to make sure you can establish a stable system. If that is all successful, then you can worry about enabling CPUPM.
Now the system is 90% finished. The only problem is that both CPUs are locked at 2.6GHz.

Hello.
I spent a lot of time but couldn't get CPU PM working on Sandy Bridge. So I'm using NullCPUPowerManagement for now. I've been using it for a while and it should be stable. Here's my github repo https://github.com/BrushXue/EP2C602-4LD16-E5-2670-Hackintosh. You can add it to your thread to help more people.

Hey @teamawesome! Hope everyone is doing well here
I was wondering if you had any news about the cpupm. I tried different stuff but i still have problems with sleep sometimes, or from time to time booting fails and reboots

I also upgraded to 10.15.4, and it seemed to be working well. Until it started crashing for no apparent reason and it got worse, also rebooting at startup more and more... I captured this:

IMG_0011.png

If anyone knows what it means and where I could look to fix it, I’d be so grateful!

If anyone knows what it means and where I could look to fix it, I’d be so grateful!
The kernel panic information has scrolled off the top of the screen.
You should video the boot in verbose mode and extract the relevant frame(s) to post here.

The kernel panic information has scrolled off the top of the screen.
You should video the boot in verbose mode and extract the relevant frame(s) to post here.
Thanks for the quick reply! Is it more relevant (right before the reboot)?

Attachments

• 08AB3AAD-87F4-4A5A-ADE5-43DEA72DFDEB.png
    08AB3AAD-87F4-4A5A-ADE5-43DEA72DFDEB.png
    13.6 MB · Views: 87
  • 889D96C9-DF00-42A7-83AC-065923C83686.png
    889D96C9-DF00-42A7-83AC-065923C83686.png
    13 MB · Views: 78
  • 77E34D23-3A69-40B6-9B37-67D3051EA4AC.png
    77E34D23-3A69-40B6-9B37-67D3051EA4AC.png
    12.9 MB · Views: 90
something to do with your ethernet kext according to your image

Your kernel panic appears to be related to this Ethernet kext :

Ethernet.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back