Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] ASRock Rack EP2C602

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you provide the steps to modify the BIOS so that I can test it on EP2C602-4L/D16?

Start with the most recent BIOS for your board. As of the time of this post, that is version 1.90 . Follow this guide to add NVMe support. If you don't need M.2 NVMe you can skip this step. Next, use CodeRush's UEFIPatch tool to unlock the MSR. This step isn't required either, but if you skip it you will need to enable the AppleIntelCPUPM Kernel and Kext Patch in Clover.

Start with the most recent BIOS for your board. As of the time of this post, that is version 1.90 . Follow this guide to add NVMe support. If you don't need M.2 NVMe you can skip this step. Next, use CodeRush's UEFIPatch tool to unlock the MSR. This step isn't required either, but if you skip it you will need to enable the AppleIntelCPUPM Kernel and Kext Patch in Clover.
Thanks for your help. I would like to try it without modifying the BIOS. Enabling a patch in Clover is always safer.

Thanks for your help. I would like to try it without modifying the BIOS. Enabling a patch in Clover is always safer.

The mod is really only mandatory if you want NVMe boot.

The mod is really only mandatory if you want NVMe boot.
I was trying to follow your BIOS setup but now I couldn't even see the POST screen. Have been clearing the CMOS for several times to figure out which option causes the problem.

I was trying to follow your BIOS setup but now I couldn't even see the POST screen. Have been clearing the CMOS for several times to figure out which option causes the problem.

Do you mean how to create a modified BIOS or how to configure BIOS? I created and uploaded a new PDF BIOS setup guide just in case anything had changed between firmware builds. To keep in mind we don't have the same motherboard.

Do you mean how to create a modified BIOS or how to configure BIOS? I created and uploaded a new PDF BIOS setup guide just in case anything had changed between firmware builds. To keep in mind we don't have the same motherboard.
I'm using the original BIOS and trying to configure it using your PDF. After I figure this out I'll write a tutorial for my model.

Do you have any NIC problem? I flashed it to 10F6 but it reverted back to 10D3. I can use it for a while but it changes with reboots randomly. It happened 3 times since the first installation and I have to flash it again and again. Is there any BIOS setup to lock it? Thanks.

Do you have any NIC problem? I flashed it to 10F6 but it reverted back to 10D3. I can use it for a while but it changes with reboots randomly. It happened 3 times since the first installation and I have to flash it again and again. Is there any BIOS setup to lock it? Thanks.

That is strange. I have never had issues. I flashed when I got the board and haven’t looked back.

That is strange. I have never had issues. I flashed when I got the board and haven’t looked back.
I have no idea what happened inside the motherboard. The 3rd flash attempt lasted 3 days. After flashing the USB 3.0 card in DOS, The device ID went back to 10D3 and I lost my internet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back