Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac (UHD 630)

Motherboard
X299 Designare EX
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
512K, Plus
Mobile Phone
iOS
Are they Bluetooth keyboards/mice? Or regular USB?
They are wired. I have the same setup on my X299 (had to dremel a whole in the plastic shroud to make it fit). and they wake without issue on bluetooth. I am away from the machine right now. I'll try BT when I return on Sunday

Motherboard
Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Thanks both for checking. With a wired USB mouse I have no issues waking the display up after it goes to sleep. However, the display does not wake up if it's my bluetooth keyboard or mouse (both from Apple).

Using the same keyboard and mouse on my last install (H170N Wifi on El Capitan w/ GPU) I did not have an issue waking up the display. I wonder if there is something funky going on with my bluetooth now that I'm relying on the iGPU.

Motherboard
AsRock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming ITX/ac
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
I am currently using the same build as the one in this thread but instead have an i5 9600k and using the MacMini8,1 SMBIOS from Clover Conifgurator doesn't let me boot past Clover with the error, "This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform", is it cause of the processor difference?

On another note, I would really like to sacrifice one USB for Bluetooth as I need it for me keyboard and mouse (Apple ones), I have tried understanding the guides for creating my own .aml file but I already got the Mac working and I am very scared to meddle with it again not to corrupt anything by mistake.

ammulder

Motherboard
GA-H87N-WIFI
CPU
i7-4790S
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
It seems unlikely it me that it's the processor difference. Normally it means the SMBIOS is wrong, so it may be a problem with your config.plist on the EFI partition of your install flash drive.

I haven't used Bluetooth myself. As you can see in the post above, it could cause problems waking your monitor. If you want to try, I would get your machine working with wired devices and a working flash drive you can boot from. Then try backing up and changing the USB AML on your system drive. If it doesn't work, the worst case would be that you disable Bluetooth and all your USB ports and then no keyboard or mouse works. If that happens, you'd boot from the flash drive (which has it's own working copy of the USB AML) with your wired keyboard and mouse and then restore your working USB AML on the system drive, at which point if you rebooted to the system drive you'd be back to where you started. (Then you could try again, of course.)

Motherboard
AsRock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming ITX/ac
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
It seems unlikely it me that it's the processor difference. Normally it means the SMBIOS is wrong, so it may be a problem with your config.plist on the EFI partition of your install flash drive.

I haven't used Bluetooth myself. As you can see in the post above, it could cause problems waking your monitor. If you want to try, I would get your machine working with wired devices and a working flash drive you can boot from. Then try backing up and changing the USB AML on your system drive. If it doesn't work, the worst case would be that you disable Bluetooth and all your USB ports and then no keyboard or mouse works. If that happens, you'd boot from the flash drive (which has it's own working copy of the USB AML) with your wired keyboard and mouse and then restore your working USB AML on the system drive, at which point if you rebooted to the system drive you'd be back to where you started. (Then you could try again, of course.)
Is it ok if I post my config.plist for you to check out, I have the exact same build as yours par the CPU

Edit: BTW using your config.plist and aaron.aml file do not work and refuses to boot with the same issue as mentioned in my post above

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asrock Z370 Fatal1ty
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mine still reboots on the apple logo just the same :( I tried verbose and I got

Forcing CS_Runtime for entitlement: com.apple.rootless.installgetExceptionList: Failed to open /private/var/db/SystemPolicyConfiguration/HardeningExceptions.plist

I couldn't make out what came after that but then it had like a runtime error or a "It took too long" error so I'm not sure how to fix this