Contribute
Register

[guide] AMD RX 480 8 GB + MSI H110M Gaming + Skylake i5 6500 (macOS 10.12.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK..
so after 3 days of hard work and trying again and again I succeeded with making it happen...the rx480 making the hiss sound and the system is up..
though under " about this computer" it doesn't show me that my gpu is RX480 although under clover configurator I have the comment as "rx480".

anything I am missing?
attaching the screen shot.

Conate: I did add the text you have posted to the plist under kext to patch/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 05.00.57.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 05.00.57.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 381
OK..
so after 3 days of hard work and trying again and again I succeeded with making it happen...the rx480 making the hiss sound and the system is up..
though under " about this computer" it doesn't show me that my gpu is RX480 although under clover configurator I have the comment as "rx480".

anything I am missing?
attaching the screen shot.

Conate: I did add the text you have posted to the plist under kext to patch/
Congrats on getting it working! The wrong name in "About this Computer" doesn't negatively impact performance in any application, it's purely cosmetic. If you add this in KextToPatch section of config.plist and reboot & rebuild the kernel kext cache (using kext utility), it should show the correct name:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Change "R9xxx" to "RX 480" by CONATH</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
OSB4eHgAQVRZLFBhcnQjAA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AMD9500Controller</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
WCA0ODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==
</data>
</dict>

Hi
conath
I follow all the steps of your installaiton for the RX 480, and I got black screen. But I think the system was booted cause I can see the hard drive and graphic card lignt on and it took me some while to shutdown computer. I can only use HDMI connect to my monitor , it dosent work,? Does RX480 only work in DVI or DP ? if so , can I by a DP -HDMI converter to connect to my monitor ?

Hi
conath
I follow all the steps of your installaiton for the RX 480, and I got black screen. But I think the system was booted cause I can see the hard drive and graphic card lignt on and it took me some while to shutdown computer. I can only use HDMI connect to my monitor , it dosent work,? Does RX480 only work in DVI or DP ? if so , can I by a DP -HDMI converter to connect to my monitor ?
Hi wabbdong, please post details about your hardware and also upload your config.plist file. I'll have a quick look at it then and may be able to troubleshoot! The HDMI port should work fine.
Before you post, please double-check you have the following settings in Clover Configurator:
In Acpi, set "Fix Display" On and in Devices, set Fake ID > ATI to 0x67DF1002

Hi wabbdong, please post details about your hardware and also upload your config.plist file. I'll have a quick look at it then and may be able to troubleshoot! The HDMI port should work fine.
Before you post, please double-check you have the following settings in Clover Configurator:

thank you
conath
I did that "Acpi, set "Fix Display" On and in Devices, set Fake ID > ATI to 0x67DF1002[/QUOTE]". It still dont work.

my buliding i7-6700k asus Z170 -A sapphire RX 480 8GB . I install mac sierra 10.12.3 from the mac store and made the HD 530 work just fine. The black screen hapened when i tried to drive RX480 using the method mentioned in this thread.

here is my config list . hope you can help me. i think the system was correctly booted but there is no signal from RX480.

谢谢你

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.4 KB · Views: 271
Congrats on getting it working! The wrong name in "About this Computer" doesn't negatively impact performance in any application, it's purely cosmetic. If you add this in KextToPatch section of config.plist and reboot & rebuild the kernel kext cache (using kext utility), it should show the correct name:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Change "R9xxx" to "RX 480" by CONATH</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
OSB4eHgAQVRZLFBhcnQjAA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AMD9500Controller</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
WCA0ODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==
</data>
</dict>

yeeeee haaaa :) thank a lot Conath...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 12.00.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 12.00.56 AM.png
    322.2 KB · Views: 263
hi
conath

I have resolve my problem by Install RX 480 into the first slot of Mobo. Tnank you very much . Its now working properly .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back