Contribute
Register

[Guide] Alternative to the minStolenSize patch with 32mb DVMT-prealloc

Hi Rehabman, thank you for your super fast reply. Unfortunately, that is the guide I was referring to. :(
Have you tried booting with fake ID 0x12345678 on first boot into installer.

Hi Rehabman, thank you for your super fast reply. Unfortunately, that is the guide I was referring to. :(

If you have an issue, you must attach problem reporting files as per FAQ (no verbose boot photo attached).

Also, your profile needs fixing as per FAQ (screen resolution is missing).

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

And your post here is off-topic. Your laptop BIOS can be set for 64mb DVMT-prealloc (as per ProBook guide).

Have you tried booting with fake ID 0x12345678 on first boot into installer.
Please pardon my lack of skills in this regard - but how do I do that? Now that I was made aware of the fact that my question is off-topic (I'm really sorry but I don't know how this happened - I was actually thinking that I my question was posted in Prebook guide - again - I apologise), I hope that it is okay to ask this question. I'm gonna turn to the guide.
And thank you so much for your help! Much appreciated

If you have an issue, you must attach problem reporting files as per FAQ (no verbose boot photo attached).

Also, your profile needs fixing as per FAQ (screen resolution is missing).

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

And your post here is off-topic. Your laptop BIOS can be set for 64mb DVMT-prealloc (as per ProBook guide).

I'm sorry that my question landed (for whatever reason - as I said above - I was actually thinking that I posted my question in the probook hotpatch guide - I apologise) here.
I didn't know that my screen resolution (1366x768) was required in my profile. I corrected that. But I know that my laptop sports the preallocation thingy. And I also mentioned that I have got that set. It might help to mention that my current 10.12.6 was accomplished with your guide only, which worked fabulously. But I can't get the same job done (again) with 10.13.6. Funny side note: with the standard unibegast installer I did actually manage to get it booted and installed. But the post-installation didn't work out. That's the reason why I dared to come back and busy you hoping for a helping hand.
All the best

Please pardon my lack of skills in this regard - but how do I do that? Now that I was made aware of the fact that my question is off-topic (I'm really sorry but I don't know how this happened - I was actually thinking that I my question was posted in Prebook guide - again - I apologise), I hope that it is okay to ask this question. I'm gonna turn to the guide.
And thank you so much for your help! Much appreciated
I'm sorry that my question landed (for whatever reason - as I said above - I was actually thinking that I posted my question in the probook hotpatch guide - I apologise) here.
I didn't know that my screen resolution (1366x768) was required in my profile. I corrected that. But I know that my laptop sports the preallocation thingy. And I also mentioned that I have got that set. It might help to mention that my current 10.12.6 was accomplished with your guide only, which worked fabulously. But I can't get the same job done (again) with 10.13.6. Funny side note: with the standard unibegast installer I did actually manage to get it booted and installed. But the post-installation didn't work out. That's the reason why I dared to come back and busy you hoping for a helping hand.
All the best

Off-topic. Reply in ProBook guide thread.

My graphics card is hd5300 (3200x1800) can only use the minStolenSize patch, use the 32mb DVMT-prealloc patch in your post to boot the black screen, HDMI external display can drive

Can you tell me how to do the minStolenSize patch?

My graphics card is hd5300 (3200x1800) can only use the minStolenSize patch, use the 32mb DVMT-prealloc patch in your post to boot the black screen, HDMI external display can drive

You should plan on changing DVMT-prealloc to 64mb or larger for your 4k display.
Note also you'll need WhateverGreen.kext and -cdfon kernel flag.

You should plan on changing DVMT-prealloc to 64mb or larger for your 4k display.
Note also you'll need WhateverGreen.kext and -cdfon kernel flag.
I'm currently using lilu. Kext and WhateverGreen. Kext. If the BIOS cannot modify the dvmt-prealloc, is there a minStolenSize patch that can be modified instead of using the 64mb dvmt-prealloc

Back