Contribute
Register

[Guide] Alternative to the minStolenSize patch with 32mb DVMT-prealloc

Hi, reading this I am currently a little lost. So the laptop I am planning to get has a 3000x2000 screen and uses coffee lake UHD620 graphics. People who have hackintoshed this thing are stuck with only 22mb of iGPU memory due to not enough DVMT-prelloc (or that is what they think it is) I believe it needs to be 128MB but the laptop sets it to 96MB. Will this method be enough to bypass this or do I have to do EFI Shell, or custom bios? If so, are there any updated tutorials on EFI shell? Thank you!

So the laptop I am planning to get has a 3000x2000 screen and uses coffee lake UHD620 graphics. People who have hackintoshed this thing are stuck with only 22mb of iGPU memory

I can’t speak for the laptop you are intending to buy, but after applying the minStolenSize patch on Mojave Beta, my system is showing 1536 MB of IGPU memory, and acceleration is working.

Assuming you apply either the minStolenSize patch or the alternative patch and CoreDisplayFixup or Whatevergreen kexts and lilu kext, you should get it working.

Hello, I am unable to boot into High Sierra 10.13.6 with InjectIntel enabled in Clover. I am unable to set my DVMT values in my Thinkpad BIOS, and I am using RehabMan's config.plist for HD 620.
I have tried using intelgraphicsDVMTfixup.kext, didn't work. I also tried using the config.plist HD 620 spoof and using the patch in this guide, which let me boot with InjectIntel but graphics acceleration didn't work.

Essentially what happens: I boot up MacOS using -v and I get a CPU caller 2 kernel panic, then a bunch of text appears on the screen and my laptop reboots.
I am able to boot if InjectIntel isn't selected.

I uploaded my problem reporting files. Hopefully I haven't forgot anything.

Hardware:
Laptop - Thinkpad E480
CPU - i5 8250U
Graphics - UHD 620 + RX 550 (Disabled with SSDT [Hopefully])

Thank you for your help.

Edit: If this isn’t the right thread for my question could I have this moved or be informed?

Edit 2: Updated to Mojave Beta, applied minStolenSize patch, deleted fakepciid kexts. Now working with graphics acceleration.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi, reading this I am currently a little lost. So the laptop I am planning to get has a 3000x2000 screen and uses coffee lake UHD620 graphics. People who have hackintoshed this thing are stuck with only 22mb of iGPU memory due to not enough DVMT-prelloc (or that is what they think it is) I believe it needs to be 128MB but the laptop sets it to 96MB. Will this method be enough to bypass this or do I have to do EFI Shell, or custom bios? If so, are there any updated tutorials on EFI shell? Thank you!

Off-topic.

Is this post possible for me to change to 64MB DVMT?

Details, Skylake example
Hi, is this necessary on Kaby lake? and don't you have a easier guide for beginners, im am lost. Im following your clover laptop guide.

Hi Rehabman,
I'd be very grateful if you could help me out on this. Trying to install 10.13.6 on my HP Probook 430 G2 (HD5500/Broadwell) always results in a forced reboot. Having followed your #1post to the letter, I'm running low of ideas because I can't even reach the installer (End randomseed message). Things I tried tweaking include:
- dropping tables
- disabling DVMT-prealloc patch because my bios does support the 64 setting
- -x / -v boot options to figure out where hell breaks loose
- different config.plist

Thank you so much in advance for your help
Please find my last attempt attached

all the best

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Hi Rehabman,
I'd be very grateful if you could help me out on this. Trying to install 10.13.6 on my HP Probook 430 G2 (HD5500/Broadwell) always results in a forced reboot. Having followed your #1post to the letter, I'm running low of ideas because I can't even reach the installer (End randomseed message). Things I tried tweaking include:
- dropping tables
- disabling DVMT-prealloc patch because my bios does support the 64 setting
- -x / -v boot options to figure out where hell breaks loose
- different config.plist

Thank you so much in advance for your help
Please find my last attempt attached

all the best

Your laptop has a guide. Follow as written:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.261719/

Back