Contribute
Register

[Guide] Alternative to the minStolenSize patch with 32mb DVMT-prealloc

If cursor bytes is zero mb, should I consider framebuffer memory size to be <= 32 mb?

Each is a separate data value in the framebuffer.

Each is a separate data value in the framebuffer.
Would you recommend to use framebuffer memory size = 19 mb and cursor bytes = 9 mb?
I tried this patch:

Find: 0103 0303 0000 0004 0000 2002
Replace:0103 0303 0000 0002 0000 2000 - (FB=30 mb, Cursor=0 mb)

It didn't work. Do you think, it's patchable at all?
I don't know what to do, because I wanted to change DVMT-prealloc size in BIOS, setting new set_var, but unfortunately my Insyde BIOS doesn't allow to do this. The only thing I could do with BIOS is to re-write the same build, taking of the battery. I even couldn't downgrade it from F.26 to previous F.08, becauae it says that signature file is invalide.
That's why I decided to play with Framebufer kext. Do I also need to patch AppleIntelFramebufferAzul kext?
Thank you very much.

Would you recommend to use framebuffer memory size = 19 mb and cursor bytes = 9 mb?
I tried this patch:

Find: 0103 0303 0000 0004 0000 2002
Replace:0103 0303 0000 0002 0000 2000 - (FB=30 mb, Cursor=0 mb)

It didn't work. Do you think, it's patchable at all?
I don't know what to do, because I wanted to change DVMT-prealloc size in BIOS, setting new set_var, but unfortunately my Insyde BIOS doesn't allow to do this. The only thing I could do with BIOS is to re-write the same build, taking of the battery. I even couldn't downgrade it from F.26 to previous F.08, becauae it says that signature file is invalide.
That's why I decided to play with Framebufer kext. Do I also need to patch AppleIntelFramebufferAzul kext?
Thank you very much.

Correct patch depends on what your DVMT-prealloc is and which ig-platform-id you're using.
Azul is for Haswell only.

Rehabman your patches awesome!!! Can this intel HD patch used via Chameleon bootloader? I used chameleon and everything work except sound and intel hd 5500, thx.

Rehabman your patches awesome!!! Can this intel HD patch used via Chameleon bootloader? I used chameleon and everything work except sound and intel hd 5500, thx.

You could apply the patches manually with a hex editor for use in bootloaders that don't have hot patch features.
I am not supporting Chameleon here.
(current releases of Chameleon may have kext hotpatching for all I know. I'm not tracking it)

You could apply the patches manually with a hex editor for use in bootloaders that don't have hot patch features.
I am not supporting Chameleon here.
(current releases of Chameleon may have kext hotpatching for all I know. I'm not tracking it)
I patched Intel Broadwell framebuffer but no luck :( maybe I'am doing smth wrong? Can you help? Patch for example? Sry for impudence. )

I patched Intel Broadwell framebuffer but no luck :( maybe I'am doing smth wrong? Can you help? Patch for example? Sry for impudence. )

No support here unless you're using Clover.

Hello
I've got XPS 9360 with I7 7500U with HD620 (I guess) And an QHD+ Screen (3200x1800)
The Bios (ver 2.1.0) information show an DVMT of 64 MB
I run MacOS 10.12.6.

without patch i boot with a kernel panic
I can still boot with a fake ig-platform-id ...but no IGPU driver loaded

I found a patch and the IGPU driver is Loaded but only the lowest quater of the screen is working
Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• Olivier’s MacBook.ioreg
    4.2 MB · Views: 167
  • EFI_XPS9360_QHD.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 136
Hello
I've got XPS 9360 with I7 7500U with HD620 (I guess) And an QHD+ Screen (3200x1800)
The Bios (ver 2.1.0) information show an DVMT of 64 MB
I run MacOS 10.12.6.

without patch i boot with a kernel panic
I can still boot with a fake ig-platform-id ...but no IGPU driver loaded

I found a patch and the IGPU driver is Loaded but only the lowest quater of the screen is working
Any help would be appreciated
If you truly have 64 MB preallocated memory you wouldn't need the patch (am I right RehabMan).

You should verify if you do need 59160000 platform id, and if you might be needing something else for your high-res screen.

Remember to specify FakeID IntelGFX 59168086 in Clover.

Back