i5
Graphics
HD 5500 1366x768
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Rehabman,
I'd be very grateful if you could help me out on this. Trying to install 10.13.6 on my HP Probook 430 G2 (HD5500/Broadwell) always results in a forced reboot. Having followed your #1post to the letter, I'm running low of ideas because I can't even reach the installer (End randomseed message). Things I tried tweaking include:
- dropping tables
- disabling DVMT-prealloc patch because my bios does support the 64 setting
- -x / -v boot options to figure out where hell breaks loose
- different config.plist

Thank you so much in advance for your help
Please find my last attempt attached

all the best

Attachments

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Rehabman,
I'd be very grateful if you could help me out on this. Trying to install 10.13.6 on my HP Probook 430 G2 (HD5500/Broadwell) always results in a forced reboot. Having followed your #1post to the letter, I'm running low of ideas because I can't even reach the installer (End randomseed message). Things I tried tweaking include:
- dropping tables
- disabling DVMT-prealloc patch because my bios does support the 64 setting
- -x / -v boot options to figure out where hell breaks loose
- different config.plist

Thank you so much in advance for your help
Please find my last attempt attached

all the best
Your laptop has a guide. Follow as written:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-probook-elitebook-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.261719/

Motherboard
Matebook X Pro
CPU
I7-8550u
Graphics
UHD 620
Hi Rehabman, thank you for your super fast reply. Unfortunately, that is the guide I was referring to. :(
Have you tried booting with fake ID 0x12345678 on first boot into installer.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Rehabman, thank you for your super fast reply. Unfortunately, that is the guide I was referring to. :(
If you have an issue, you must attach problem reporting files as per FAQ (no verbose boot photo attached).

Also, your profile needs fixing as per FAQ (screen resolution is missing).

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

And your post here is off-topic. Your laptop BIOS can be set for 64mb DVMT-prealloc (as per ProBook guide).

Motherboard
HP Probook 430 G2 Broadwell
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD 5500 1366x768
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Have you tried booting with fake ID 0x12345678 on first boot into installer.
Please pardon my lack of skills in this regard - but how do I do that? Now that I was made aware of the fact that my question is off-topic (I'm really sorry but I don't know how this happened - I was actually thinking that I my question was posted in Prebook guide - again - I apologise), I hope that it is okay to ask this question. I'm gonna turn to the guide.
And thank you so much for your help! Much appreciated

Motherboard
HP Probook 430 G2 Broadwell
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD 5500 1366x768
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
If you have an issue, you must attach problem reporting files as per FAQ (no verbose boot photo attached).

Also, your profile needs fixing as per FAQ (screen resolution is missing).

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

And your post here is off-topic. Your laptop BIOS can be set for 64mb DVMT-prealloc (as per ProBook guide).
I'm sorry that my question landed (for whatever reason - as I said above - I was actually thinking that I posted my question in the probook hotpatch guide - I apologise) here.
I didn't know that my screen resolution (1366x768) was required in my profile. I corrected that. But I know that my laptop sports the preallocation thingy. And I also mentioned that I have got that set. It might help to mention that my current 10.12.6 was accomplished with your guide only, which worked fabulously. But I can't get the same job done (again) with 10.13.6. Funny side note: with the standard unibegast installer I did actually manage to get it booted and installed. But the post-installation didn't work out. That's the reason why I dared to come back and busy you hoping for a helping hand.
All the best

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Please pardon my lack of skills in this regard - but how do I do that? Now that I was made aware of the fact that my question is off-topic (I'm really sorry but I don't know how this happened - I was actually thinking that I my question was posted in Prebook guide - again - I apologise), I hope that it is okay to ask this question. I'm gonna turn to the guide.
And thank you so much for your help! Much appreciated
I'm sorry that my question landed (for whatever reason - as I said above - I was actually thinking that I posted my question in the probook hotpatch guide - I apologise) here.
I didn't know that my screen resolution (1366x768) was required in my profile. I corrected that. But I know that my laptop sports the preallocation thingy. And I also mentioned that I have got that set. It might help to mention that my current 10.12.6 was accomplished with your guide only, which worked fabulously. But I can't get the same job done (again) with 10.13.6. Funny side note: with the standard unibegast installer I did actually manage to get it booted and installed. But the post-installation didn't work out. That's the reason why I dared to come back and busy you hoping for a helping hand.
All the best
Off-topic. Reply in ProBook guide thread.

Motherboard
Lenovo Yoga3 PRO
CPU
CORE M-5Y71
Graphics
HD5300 3200x1800
My graphics card is hd5300 (3200x1800) can only use the minStolenSize patch, use the 32mb DVMT-prealloc patch in your post to boot the black screen, HDMI external display can drive