Contribute
Register

[Guide] Alternative to the minStolenSize patch with 32mb DVMT-prealloc

I cannot make FB Patcher working, because it cannot define the Address field, it is empty.

You can't use Intel FB-Patcher for Skylake / Kaby Lake in Mojave. You will need to patch it via WhateverGreen. Unfortunately there is an issue with Clover that we need to address before I can recommend people start using it. Once we have that solved I will post instructions on how to patch. If you try to patch the binary directly in Mojave it will likely break in the next update.

First of all, thanks for your cooperation. I wanted to try to do it manually.
Unfortunately, I cannot find fStolenMemorySize (Framebuffer) and fFramebufferMemorySize (Cursor).

Please help

You can't use Intel FB-Patcher for Skylake / Kaby Lake in Mojave. You will need to patch it via WhateverGreen. Unfortunately there is an issue with Clover that we need to address before I can recommend people start using it. Once we have that solved I will post instructions on how to patch. If you try to patch the binary directly in Mojave it will likely break in the next update.

Unfortunately, I cannot find fStolenMemorySize (Framebuffer) and fFramebufferMemorySize (Cursor).

Please help

Please help

You're out of luck. As you can see from the attached image because fFramebufferMemorySize is not written to the framebuffer there is no way to patch it in the binary. You will only be able to patch fStolenMemorySize.

Be patient WhateverGreen update will be available soon.

Attachments

• SKLMojave04002619.png
    SKLMojave04002619.png
    378.6 KB · Views: 328
You're out of luck. As you can see from the attached image because fFramebufferMemorySize is not written to the framebuffer there is no way to patch it in the binary. The only way you will be able to do it is with the new WhateverGreen. Be patient it should be ready soon.
Thank you so much. Will wait.

You're out of luck. As you can see from the attached image because fFramebufferMemorySize is not written to the framebuffer there is no way to patch it in the binary. You will only be able to patch fStolenMemorySize.

Be patient WhateverGreen update will be available soon.
Hi,
Can you tell me please, what app did you use to display these binaries? Because my Sublime Text doesn’t work properly.
Thanks.

Thanks for the guide. It is great to have it. Would be powerful support for enabling graphics working.
Again, what app or hex-editor would you recommend for working with framebuffer binaries?
Thanks.

I have updated my post to give more info about that.

Hello, I am unable to boot into High Sierra 10.13.6 with InjectIntel enabled in Clover. I am unable to set my DVMT values in my Thinkpad BIOS, and I am using RehabMan's config.plist for HD 620.
I have tried using intelgraphicsDVMTfixup.kext, didn't work. I also tried using the config.plist HD 620 spoof and using the patch in this guide, which let me boot with InjectIntel but graphics acceleration didn't work.

Essentially what happens: I boot up MacOS using -v and I get a CPU caller 2 kernel panic, then a bunch of text appears on the screen and my laptop reboots.
I am able to boot if InjectIntel isn't selected.

I uploaded my problem reporting files. Hopefully I haven't forgot anything.

Hardware:
Laptop - Thinkpad E480
CPU - i5 8250U
Graphics - UHD 620 + RX 550 (Disabled with SSDT [Hopefully])

Thank you for your help.

Edit: If this isn’t the right thread for my question could I have this moved or be informed?

Edit 2: Updated to Mojave Beta, applied minStolenSize patch, deleted fakepciid kexts. Now working with graphics acceleration.

Last edited:
Back