Contribute
Register

(Guide) All New ATI Radeon 5450 Clover Hotpatch Injection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you fix it? I have same problem. :(

Yes - I just used the old kext. I've just a minute ago updated to 10.13.2 and have lost the resolution. I am going to try again with the old kext and see if I get full QE/CI back. I'll update you soon.

Update: With 10.13.2 that kext no longer works. I am back to 5mb Graphics. I am now going to give up with this graphic card. I think it has lasted long enough. I would suggest replacing graphic card if you can afford one since ATI Radeon has caused nothing but grief with most of the updates. I see folks that never have to even think about graphics with updates. I am going to be that person now.

Last edited:
Violet Dragon, thanks for posting this method for getting a HD 5450 fully working.

I have just used it to get an old passive/silent Radeon HD 5450 1GB card working in one of my HP Microserver Gen8 units, added bonus being I now have the HP with working HDMI sound. This is just brilliant seeing as the Microserver has no built-in audio.

The Microserver in question has two SSD's each containing a number of OSX or macOS installations, and the Clover Hotpatch and SSDT works in Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan and Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back