Contribute
Register

[Guide] Alienware-17-R4-Dual-GPU-MacOS-Catalina-10.15-Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Web drivers yet? What about trying Mojave instead then?

Nvidia stopped support at 10.13.6

Retry 10.13.6 then and make sure nothing gets added to your Extensions folder to break anything...? I don't know. My guess was USB-C requires specific hardware options too to enable the USB-C HDMI output...and the laptop may not have it or the driver may not support it... I have another device that would be really nice if it supported USB-C HDMI...but it lacks the physical hardware chips to do it. So I know not all USB-C devices can do it.

USB c to HDMI works because TB is connected to GPU. It worked for my config in 10.13.1 but @rockjesus may have spoofed TB as PCI so HDMI wont work. I tried to revert it back but no success.

ahhh...OK, explains why it didn't work for me maybe then in 10.13.6. Good to know.

Okay fixed the USB c to HDMI issue. The connector was not patched properly. Also the PM provided by rockjesus won't go above 2.8Ghz using HWP. Fixed that too.

The only thing that doesn't work in 10.15 is TB hotplug with HDMI support. ( IOElectrify won't work )

@spinkb What wifi driver version are you using in Windows 10? Please share link

I didn't install anything, I just booted into windows and started using Wifi... No prompts to install drivers, it was working on first boot. See attachments for screenshots of what drivers it was using.

Can you provide details on exactly how you got USB-C to HDMI working? And the 2.8Ghz fix?

Attachments

• IMG_2391.jpg
    IMG_2391.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2392.jpeg
    IMG_2392.jpeg
    8.8 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2393.jpeg
    IMG_2393.jpeg
    8.6 MB · Views: 100
Works out of the box for me too. But is very crappy. Once you are connected to does it detect others nearby?

What do you mean about detect others nearby? in Windows I used if for some basic internet usage for a few hours, no noticeable issues. But mainly windows is for a single game, otherwise 99% of my time is in OSX, and that seems to be stable and solid so far. I don't have handoff or continuity configured in OSX as I still haven't gotten to doing the iMessage stuff.

Just another note, I did another hackintosh with another Alienware R4, 7700HQ, intel 630, GTX1070, and swapped in Dell DW1560. Everything works...sound, wifi, bluetooth, sleep, USB, etc. Same as my prior build. Had to use an alternate kext from the v10 Clover download from RockJesus was all...but I did on my prior build too. Very happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back