Contribute
Register

[Guide] Alienware-17-R4-Dual-GPU-MacOS-Catalina-10.15-Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post #25 and #26?

Otherwise maybe the dell reference here?

Those are what I was basing my info on...again, I don't have my card yet to confirm them.

That is an old driver. I tried a lot of them. None is good in windows 1909 & don't think would work well with new driver system in windows 2004

@spinkb Did you change any setting? Sleep does not work for me out of the box using clover v10.

No changes... What BIOS version are you on? Clear NVRAM once more and try again?

I'm on 10.13.6, all Apple updates applied after that. RockJesus clover v10. If there is something I can check for you, let me know. I don't have the Wifi card installed yet...its still in the mail. :(

I am now on Bios 1.9. Tried clearing Nvram.

Hope @rockjesus can help here. Cant understand all those ACPI patches.

Well...I'm sorry to tell you, and happy for myself...but with the Wifi card installed, I have BT and Wifi in OSX, didn't change anything, just installed and booted. Booted into Windows 10 too, and it worked as well. I guess it takes long term usage in Win10 to detect problems there, but initial usage seemed to be OK with some quick checks. I won't be using Win10 accept for occasional gaming, so I may never notice the issues.

Sleep works too. So when I get time, my remainign thing is the iMessage stuff needs to be done. But otherwise I am 100% functional.

Well, great that it works for you. Hope you dont get any problems. Problems started for me after maybe 2 windows updates.

I am liking Catalina a lot. Fixed sleep, power management & disable GPU. Only thing that doesnt work for me is USB C -> HDMI. Cant seem to figure that out.

USB-C to HDMI didn't work for me either...but you have native HDMI, so why not use that port instead? You also have native display port...that is how I conencted two 4k displays to my laptop.

No Nvidia in Catalina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back