Contribute
Register

[Guide] Alienware-17-R4-Dual-GPU-MacOS-Catalina-10.15-Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does your BIOS let you choose the boot item? If so, choose the /EFI/OC/BOOTx64.efi

I used UniBeast 8.4.0-2 is what it shows when I get info on it.

I'm on BIOS 1.9, but 1.7 worked the same.

I am on Bios 1.7

I tried using both EFI/BOOT/bootx64.efi and EFI/OC/opencore.efi

I only get that error when I reference the boot file form a folder I renamed, or there is no OS on the drive, so I think you messed up your EFI stuff then.

OC6 installer finally works. The download was corrupted I guess. Did you install in APFS or HFS?

I accidentally ended up APFS but I didn't mean to...on my second reinstall I just forgot to turn it off. It's been working OK for me.

|

Last edited:
@Feartech @rockjesus Can you please help me check if power management is implemented correctly. Sleep takes 5 mins and doesn't come back on. Also, Battery consumption seems high.

USB to HDMI through IGPU is not working. Sound on HDMI through Nvidia is garbled.

Trackpad acceleration doesn't seem natural & gestures don't work

Attachments

• debug_23116.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
@spinkb does your sleep work properly?

Yeah....I close the lid, it takes about 15 seconds, and the lights all go off. If it sits idle, it sleeps as set. If I manually sleep it, its the same roughly 15 seconds.

I don't have the DW1560 card yet installed. It still en-route. BTW, there are supposedly good Win10 drivers for it now preventing issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back