Contribute
Register

[Guide] Alienware-17-R4-Dual-GPU-MacOS-Catalina-10.15-Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup! Internal speakers do work for me in 10.13.1

Here's my clover. & I use these 2 for audio. Its flaky, sometimes OSX doesnt detect output so need to restart.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 84
  • AppleHDA-279.48-ALC298_v2.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
  • alc_fix.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 58
And are you doing Clover in 10.13.1?

I'm really trying to get 10.13.6 with *everything* working, just like this GUIDE's title said....right now I just have that to overcome. If I get time today I will switch to a Clover boot for testing.

BTW, my real Apple MacPro 2013 sometimes doesn't do audio correct and needs a restart...so even real Mac's aren't perfect. :)

OK, tried yours, I never even get to my boot drive selection in clover...so it was a fail for me. I then downloaded RockJesus clover v10...I have sound! But I lost ethernet... ARG.

So OC v6 is giving me ethernet but no sound, Clover v10 is giving me sound, but no ethernet...

(No other changes for sound, no kexts, etc.)

Bro, my clover is for 10.13.0, won't work on 10.13.6. Can you share your installation clover?

Its RockJesus's v10 from hit github page. I didn't make a change to it at all. I wiped my EFI folder, put his in there. I have no mods except the ComboJack mod for sound installed on the OS, and the NVidia web drivers.

I was just checking if yours would get me to the boot screen to choose the drive, but yours didn't even get me there.

Oh! so you used v10 for installation and OC6 for boot?

No...I used OC6 *only* but I didn't have sound. I used Clover v10 *only* and I lost Ethernet. (Wific ard hasn't arrived yet, waiting for Tuesday for it to arrive.)

I didn't mix them in any way, I cleared my EFI each time...but I didn't reset NVRAM when switching to Clover v10 and that might be my issue. Don't have time to debug it for now, but since sound works, I will definitely work on it when I do get some time.

If you plan to also use windows. Take my advice don't buy DW1560. It just sucks on windows. No good drivers for it on windows.

Hmm. OC6 doest even boot for me.

Did OC6 even load? I always have to tell my BIOS to manually add the boot device and browse and pick the EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi file as a boot option. Otherwise my machine hasn't been "finding" it automatically...

If it loaded for certain, then what did it freeze on for the boot process?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back