Contribute
Register

[Guide] Alienware-17-R4-Dual-GPU-MacOS-Catalina-10.15-Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, for a lot of the other laptop guides I got that. Really thought this one handled it though.

And even via HDMI, the game's frame rate was not that good...I was disappointed via internal display and HDMI. Just didn't feel like the card was really functioning.

Yeah, for a lot of the other laptop guides I got that. Really thought this one handled it though.

And even via HDMI, the game's frame rate was not that good...I was disappointed via internal display and HDMI. Just didn't feel like the card was really functioning.
it may be worth actually disabling the nvidia (if the hdmi is routed via intel graphics) to save on battery life

I'm waiting to see results from "Enternus" to see how his goes and he can maybe confirm the NVIDIA stuff before I disable it in macOS. Hoping he can make progress...

I'm waiting to see results from "Enternus" to see how his goes and he can maybe confirm the NVIDIA stuff before I disable it in macOS. Hoping he can make progress...
ok, but you can also read up on:

RockJesus....any other suggestions for Internal Audio for what I can test? The issue is not that sound doesn't work...sound works! But it only works via headset. I would really also like the internal speakers and microphone to work too. I tried the BIOS flashing to 1.5 and 1.9 (I was in 1.7) and neither helped. Is there something I can validate?

The Laptop FAQ doesn't apply here since Audio DOES work. Just not the internal speakers on this particular model.

Some file or config I can post, some ioreg dump I could post? Anything?

Just a note...I connected two 4K monitors to this. one via display port, one via HDMI. Worked great! Tried USB-C hub with HDMI, that was never recognized for its HDMI, so I can't get beyond two monitors, but two 4ks is good for a laptop, plus its 17" screen. I also did GeekBench and was able to test the Intel 630 and GTX1060. Intel was about 4000, GTX was about 13,000. So it is working from OSX, but I can't seem to make it the currently used card to force a game to utilize it.

Last edited:

Hey rockjesus,

I have exact same spec 1060 7700hq 17R4. I have been using 10.13.1 for 2 years but due to an urgent contract work need to upgrade to 10.13.6.

On https://github.com/RockJesus/Alienware-17-R4-Dual-GPU-MacOS-10.15-14-13-Hackintosh/releases you have posted multiple releases. Which one should I use to install on another drive and which one should I use to boot ( OC v6 or Clover v10).

Thanks

I'm using OC v6 on 10.13.6 and it works except for the internal speakers don't work, and external USB only becomes active after sleeping the machine once after a reboot.

@spinkb Thanks for quick response. Can you share your EFI folder(or is it same as OC6) and what kexts you installed post installation.

Its RockJesus's OC v6. No changes.

Do you have internal speakers working? I was considering going to RockJesus's Clover EFI examples and fiddling with it to see if I cna get internal speakers working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back