Contribute
Register

[Guide] Alienware-17-R4-Dual-GPU-MacOS-Catalina-10.15-Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have Alienware 15r3 7700HQ, GTX1060 GSync, Can I Switch Intel HD 630 with fn +f7 in Macos.

do not. can you change the plates on windows even though it is GSYNC?
No. I can't change "GSync not supported by LCD display".
When I used Macos High Seirra the monitor don't recognize internal display (Built - in ), with LCD external.
I want to change LCD external to internal display with Built - in (Nvidia GTX 1060). Can you help me?

No. I can't change "GSync not supported by LCD display".
When I used Macos High Seirra the monitor don't recognize internal display (Built - in ), with LCD external.
I want to change LCD external to internal display with Built - in (Nvidia GTX 1060). Can you help me?
I am also not getting it. I also found no solution for us who have GSYNC. I don't think we will be able to hack our alienware.

Just a point of clarification... 10.13.6 works fine on an Alienware laptop with NVidia 1060, 1070, 1080 graphics cards, as long as you avoid models that have G-Sync?

So G-Sync is the real issue? (And of course waiting for updated drivers from NVidia for newer OS versions.)

models with G-sync should work on 10.13.6, at least it did for my Alienware 17r4 (w/ 1070). i ended up selling mine, so unable to offer more support (only that it did work without issues)

I'm having a few problems with your guide. I'm installing 10.13.6 on nearly identical hardware. Alienware 17 R4 8GB, GTX1060, 7700.

I run into issues after I boot into it, and install Multibeast. You didn't mention doing that, or which specific options you chose. I've tried various combinations, but I don't get sound working after running the script for combojack, and the nVidia web drivers never really seem to load...I don't see all the PCI devices in system report, etc.

Further, you have lots off files posted for your EFI...which ones are correct now for 10.13.6? The OC v4, OC v6, Clover v10? The post upgrade files?

Can you indicate which files I need to throw on my EFI partition so I don't have to try and figure out each driver manually? Using MultiBeast ends up breaking too much since I am not certain what I need to enable with it either.

The machine functions, and I could use it like this, but its not ideal, and definitely not why i bought this specific model matching your specs exactly.

Help?

I'm having a few problems with your guide. I'm installing 10.13.6 on nearly identical hardware. Alienware 17 R4 8GB, GTX1060, 7700.

I run into issues after I boot into it, and install Multibeast. You didn't mention doing that, or which specific options you chose. I've tried various combinations, but I don't get sound working after running the script for combojack, and the nVidia web drivers never really seem to load...I don't see all the PCI devices in system report, etc.

Further, you have lots off files posted for your EFI...which ones are correct now for 10.13.6? The OC v4, OC v6, Clover v10? The post upgrade files?

Can you indicate which files I need to throw on my EFI partition so I don't have to try and figure out each driver manually? Using MultiBeast ends up breaking too much since I am not certain what I need to enable with it either.

The machine functions, and I could use it like this, but its not ideal, and definitely not why i bought this specific model matching your specs exactly.

Help?
just use v10 should be ok for u

OK, so I removed all the extensions MultiBeast put in /Library/Extensions. I used OC v6, and Clover v10. So I have the BOOT, OC, and Clover folders.

Machine runs better now, I can see battery, sound pretends like I have a sound card, but I lost external USB now which was working before doing that.

HiDPI is working, I did the ComboJack, and NVidia web drivers are working. But how do I get the USB back?

Sound works on my headphones, but not builtin speakers. But more concerned about getting USB working again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back