Contribute
Register

[Guide] Alienware-17-R4-Dual-GPU-MacOS-Catalina-10.15-Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dropped back to the OV v6 for its kext for the ethernet card, and used clover v10, and now I have a working system with Sounds and Ethernet and external USB without the need to sleep first.

So let me be clear, this is RockJesus's OCv6 Atheros KEXT driver, and his CLOVER v10. I didn't come up with the config.

I am booting with Clover now, not OC.

Attachments

• BEN_CLOVER.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 99
Is this your final clover? Did you install any kexts in S/L/E ? Or did any DSDT patches?

That is my final. I don't have Wifi yet, so i am waiting on that before I do the whole iMessage stuff in case it changes my NVRAM hash. This final Clover has only the change I mentioned. I swapped the Atheroes KEXT from OC v6 to this Clover v10 from RockJesus. I've done the ComboJack script on my machine, but that doesn't affect EFI. I have NVIDIA web drivers installed, so you might need to disable NVIDIA since you won't for your install.

My S/L/E has the defaults, no modifications that I am aware of. Same for L/E. I have not run Clover configurator or anything else to modify things. I just swapped the kext file out. I would expect this will work for you exactly as is since you apparently have identical hardware.

Damn! I wish it did. I tried to install 10.13.6 using your clover but no backlight.

Do you have nvme? and 1080p IPS panel.

did you use the same clover to start the installer from usb drive?

did you format drive to APFS or HFS?

Last edited:
I used OC v6 for my original install and switched to the Clover method now to have Sound.

Yes, I have the 1080p 17" R4 7700HQ i7 GTX1060 Intel630 (was 8GB, now 32GB of RAM.)

Where is your failing...be more specific exactly how far you get before there is an issue.

I am trying clover v10 to install but no backlight.

did you create installer using unibeast 8.4.0?

Last edited:
Reset NVRAM?

What about Unibeast...does its default work with backlight? I never had an issue with Backlight.

Interesting. I have been inaactive here since 2 years. How do you create opencore EFI?
I have in installer in external HDD but want to try OC6 in flash drive

Just take the EFI partition, EFI folder, and copy in the BOOT and OC folders.

Did the same. Getting this

Attachments

• C98CE39B-B524-4843-8287-75E74F20C691.jpeg
    C98CE39B-B524-4843-8287-75E74F20C691.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 77
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back