Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No hardware switch. There is an airplane mode hot switch (f7) on the u310, but I have tried this repeatedly, both as F7 and fn+F7. No change. Currently reinstalling everything, so can't experiment anymore, but this will be the first thing I will try and tackle with the fresh install. Can post IOReg and patchmatic output when that is done.

Be patient when you use Fn+F7 or F7 (may depend on your BIOS setting -- use Windows to know which key is really the one). Changes in power state will not be reflected instantly.

can i make a realtek rt8188ce work?

After my assertions that it worked in Windows... it doesn't. I have no idea what happened, but now I'm getting the same problem in Windows, that it shows that I have wifi, but I can't turn it on. WLAN is allowed in BIOS, and I haven't (to my knowledge) changed any settings since I verified that this works in Windows. But it's sure starting to look like a hardware problem now. I hate to have to disassemble the case again (a royal pain with this thing), but it looks like that's what's needed. Maybe an antenna or cable was loose? No idea. But looks like the kext and other methods are off the hook for now.

Hmmm. As an added bonus replacing the Intel card does the exact same thing in Windows. This is a problem. I would wonder if the BIOS hack I had done to remove the whitelist had screwed something up, except for the fact that after I flashed the BIOS and put in the new card, everything worked for a time. Most concerning.

EDIT
So I got it working again. In Ubuntu I could see with "rfkill list all" that soft blocking was Off, but there was a hard block. This is odd, given that there is no hardware switch on this laptop. After much Googling I found this thread which suggested using a windows 7 energy manager in Win 8.1 to reactivate the wifi card. I did, and it worked. Installed toledaARPT.kext and now have working wifi in Yosemite.

Happy, but still at a loss as to what caused this problem in the first place. I am hardly ever in Windows, so it seems unlikely that I could have done it there, but not impossible. Can't see a way that I could have done it installing Yosemite, but I guess that's somehow possible too. I'll pay more attention if it recurs.

Thanks Toleda for the update in patching!

Using AzureWave AW-CB123H

5Ghz and Bluetooth Handoff working in 10.10.2. Used wireless_bcm94352-100-v2.0.command.

Hi,

Thanks also for the new wireless_bcm94352-100-v2.0.command... My wifi card is now recognized. It shows as

AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x2123)
Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.15.159.13.12)
802.11 a/b/g/n/ac

Not sure about 5Ghz ac networks... Because I cannot see any in my inSSIDer application.... With my powerbook I can see some.... Perhaps signal too weak ? How can I ensure 5 Ghz is working properly?

You must 1. Download config.plist and open it in PlistEditor.2. Open config.plist that now is working at your system in PlistEditor.3. Add (or Replace old if exist) strings with your actual parameters - US FCC, or XT from downloaded file."Paste patch to config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch"Save and reboot.

Zoool,
Thank you very much for the method and I can confirm that it did work. Thanks again!

First off, many thanks to toleda for providing these instructions!

I have an Intel NUC hackintosh setup based on WonkeyDonkey's guide here (thank you, WonkeyDonkey!!):
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...intel-haswell-nuc-core-i5-d54250wyk-v2-2.html

I'm running 10.9.5 on an Intel NUC D54250WYKH1 (Intel 4th Gen Intel Core i5-4250U with Intel HD Graphics 5000) and for WiFi/BT I use an AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB/BCM94352 802.11/ac/867Mbps WLAN + BT4.0 Half Mini PCI-E Card (VID 14E4, Device ID 43B1).

I had WiFi and BT working before the February 1st Security Update (2015-001), after which I had problems rebooting. I had to boot from a USB stick and replace my mach_kernel with the one provided by WonkeyDonkey to get my NUC to boot again. Once I rebooted, I noticed WiFi was fine but Bluetooth was not working. Under the system report section for Bluetooth hardware, I see "No information found."

Looking back via Time Machine, my first round of activating WiFi and BT apparently involved throwing a number of kexts at it until something worked, including:
bcm4352.kext
bcm4352bt.kext
BTFIrmwareUploader.kext
IOBluetoothFamily.kext
toledaARPT.kext

Since just replacing those with backups from Time Machine doesn't seem to work now, I tried removing all of those kext files, rebuilding the cache, then installing these kext files from the latest version from https://github.com/toleda/wireless_half-mini :
bcm4352.kext
bcm4352bt.kext

I also edited IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4360.kext/Contents/Info.plist :
53c53
< <string>pci14e4,43b1</string>
---
> <string>pci14e4,43a0</string>

Nothing I’ve tried has worked, so far. I’m not sure if I’m missing a key step that I preformed before and now forgot or if the February 1st security update has done something that’s causing an issue with BT specifically in my system. I notice that post #1 notes "(injection required)" for my device--perhaps that's what I'm missing, but I don't understand what that note is calling for me to do. I would appreciate any advice you might have!

I’m including as much of the requested troubleshooting data as I can. If there’s something else that would be helpful to provide to help diagnose this problem, just let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

---------------

View attachment SI - Bluetooth.tiff
View attachment ChameleonBootPlist.tiff
View attachment SI - WiFi.tiff
View attachment DPCIManager.tiff

2/12/2015 - 10.10.2 Update
​See Post #1.

Thank you Toleda and Darkvoid for all your research and help.

I have Handoff, Instant hotspot, Continuity and 5Ghz fully functional using the Azurewave CE123H half-mini PCIe Bluetooth and Wifi combo card.
A couple of things I tried (actually to get Messages to work) that might also have affected the above:

1. Making sure that the Ethernet card is recognized as en0 in System Profiler.
2. Making sure that the WiFi has the correct locale:

US/FCC the-darkvoid #981
1. Find: 41 83 FC FF 74 2C 48
2. Replace: 66 C7 06 55 53 EB 2B

3. I also followed the Messages guide written by tonymac to use non-cloned MLB and ROM values. Maybe it affects this, mostly it does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back