Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patch working. I get the same Console message during boot with both BCM94352 and AW-CE-123H.

Toleda and Darkvoid, thanks for your help with getting BT and 5Ghz to work.
I am still having issues getting Handoff to work, even after applying the Handoff patches in Post #1

Can you share your config.plist file with me, so I can take a look?
I have the Azurewave CE123H.

Patch working. I get the same Console message during boot with both BCM94352 and AW-CE-123H.

So all is great when connecting and re-connecting to WiFi on both 2.4 and 5ghz?
Country code stays on "US"?

If so, I think this is the better patch, it works cross OS X 10.10.X versions (until now).

Hello,

I have a weird problem.

I installed the BCM94360CD. In Windows it is recognized though WiFi can not be enabled (card shows error in device manager), bluetooth works fine in Windows though. In OS X it shows up under USB devices in system profiler as "BCM20702A0" with device id: 0x22be and vendor id: 0x0a5c, but it just won't work.

WiFi card shows up in DPCIManager as "BCM4360 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter" with device id: 4360 and vendor id: 14e4
It does not appear in System Information.

I can't get either to work in OS X. No Bluetooth, no Wi-Fi.

Do I have the wrong card (wrong device ids?)? The seller said it came from an iMac 2013, so it should be the right device.

Any ideas?

I'm using OS X 10.10.2 on an ASUS Rampage 2 Gene, Core i7 920, GTX480 and I have included a zip file with (I hope) all required information.

What I already did (to no avail):
- add device id 4360 manually to AirPortBrcm4360.kext
- add device id 0x22be (8894) manually to BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext
(update)- added "0x43a014e4" to Clover's fake id for Wi-Fi

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
kybdf2

Attachments

• information.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
- add device id 4360 manually to AirPortBrcm4360.kext
device_id of BCM4360 is not 4360; no kext edits are required. See Post #1 for valid device_id.
Wireless card may not be genuine.

device_id of BCM4360 is not 4360; no kext edits are required. See Post #1 for valid device_id.
Wireless card may not be genuine.

Yes, it should be 43a0. It shows in DPCIManager as 4360 though. I tried adding "0x43a014e4" to Clover's fake id for Wi-Fi, it didn't work. I suspect you might be right about that card not being genuine. Fortunately that seller has a 1-month return policy, so I might just do that: return it. ;)

kybdf2,

Remove any Clover fake-id's and/or dsdt patches for WiFi and give this attachment a try.

Attachments

• kybdf2_kext.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 182
kybdf2,

Remove any Clover fake-id's and/or dsdt patches for WiFi and give this attachment a try.

Hi darkvoid,

thank you for the kexts you attached for me. I tried them (while disabling all Clover fake id's and patches) but unfortunately it still doesn't work. I believe I got a faulty/non-genuine card from the seller.

Regards,
kybdf2

14e4:4360 is an existing Broadcom BCM4360 chipset card.
Its probably one of the very first revisions.

The kext is supposed to make AirportBrcm4360 load for 14e4:4360.

Does the card work under Windows? If so it has a good chance of working under OS X also.

14e4:4360 is an existing Broadcom BCM4360 chipset card.
Its probably one of the very first revisions.

The kext is supposed to make AirportBrcm4360 load for 14e4:4360.

Does the card work under Windows? If so it has a good chance of working under OS X also.

Only the Bluetooth part works under Windows. The WiFi doesn't work despite installing the appropriate drivers from Boot Camp. The WiFi card has a yellow exclamation point in Device Manager and shows error code 10.

I have already sent the card back to the seller and I will try my luck with a card from a different seller. Thank you anyway for your support. I will report back when I get the other card.

Yes, if it does not work in Windows normally, I indeed send it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back