Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the help,
I attached two screenshots:
View attachment 122809View attachment 122810

When I connect my apple wireless keyboard it will not type. (it works on my actual apple macbook)

When I connect my iPhone 6 the iPhone says "Device not supported" and bumps it off.

Toleda and the-darkvoid were helping me with this problem earlier in this post... I have installed the BrcmPatchRAM.kext and the bcm4352.kext. I have also done the patches for handoff support but no matter what I try I keep getting the same issues:

- I can connect non apple bluetooth devices and they work
- I can connect an apple keyboard after trying multiple times but then it never types just connects (which is weird cause it lets me type the onscreen passcode to connect it but then stops working)
- I can click the pair button on my mac to pair my iPhone 6 but then the iPhone says "Device not supported"

I dont understand what might be causing this. I sent all the files requested in an earlier post's zip file with screenshots and IO saved files etc. Can anyone help me with this?

View attachment files.zip

Missed this:
Airport Injection Methods (Select one)
Installed 2 solutions, remove one.
For BT, see Post #1, BCM94352 BT4

hey toleda, thanks !

I just only made this !

BrcmPatchRAM.kext Installation

Chimera/Chameleon - System/Library/Extensions/
use kext installer

MORE NOT !

I see now devices. But cant connect my iphone or an older PC.

So i will try with a apple mouse tomorrow.

I need other things ? or is that all ? Just de KEXT ?!

Do a fresh install so you're certain you have vanilla kexts.

You should not expect it to show up on the PCI device list.

Keep in mind a new network card must be have its interface added via SysPrefs->Network->[+].

Ah, I managed to isolate the problem. I used Minihack's guide for the NUC installation and among the files in the package is a DSDT for Broadcom wifi card. Turns out it disables any other wifi card that is not Broadcom. I've removed the file and now it works like a charm.

I got a question, How do I know my card is working as it should? I have a fresh install of Yosemite, with a AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB (Wifi+AC+BT4).

I installed bcm4352.kext with Kext Wizard, rebooted, and at start up I immediately had wifi + bluetooth listed on SysPref->Network (didn't have to add them). Wifi works but I think it's really slow (this is why I want to check if I'm doing the correct installation). Also each boot a bluetooth setup assistant pops up asking to setup a bluetooth keyboard (its like my hackintosh doesn't detect my actual laptop keyboard). I tried pairing my iPhone with the computer with the bluetooth but it failed, so I'm sure something is wrong there. Here are the troubleshoot screen caps/files:

Screen Shot 2015-01-25 at 6.18.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-01-25 at 6.18.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-01-25 at 6.18.02 PM.png

View attachment config.plist and I used the [Guide]_airport_half-mini_details.pdf guide. View attachment Jaime’s MacBook Air.iojones

I got a question, How do I know my card is working as it should?
See Post #1, BCM94352 5 GHz/BT Handoff/2. Installation/2. Clover/kext patch and
BCM94352 BT4/1. BrcmPatchRAM.kext and 2. Installation/2.Clover.

See Post #1, BCM94352 5 GHz/BT Handoff/2. Installation/2. Clover/kext patch and
BCM94352 BT4/1. BrcmPatchRAM.kext and 2. Installation/2.Clover.

Thanks! just set up everything and I could pair my pc with the laptop, but I couldn't do the same with my iPhone, and I noticed i can't find the laptop listed when I try connecting it from my phone/pc (it is not "discoverable").

For the first step (BCM94352 5 GHz/BT Handoff (10.10 and newer)) I installed both patches

1. Handoff/BCM94352/US-FCC
  2. Handoff/BCM94352/XT-ROW
and added XT-ROW kext extension into my config.plist. Did I only need to install one? how do I know which one? and for (BCM94352 5 GHz Patch (10.9 and newer)) i installed BrcmPatchRAM.kext into the EFI partition. Did I do anything wrong?

edit: apparently you can't connect iphone with macs? how silly is that? so I guess everything is working, thanks toleda!

Thanks for Linux sources...

Add informations:

With: 58 54 08 3F 4B 50 5C 00 0A

Number 08 - Regulatory Revision. Driver it also reads from EEPROM and compares it.
Your patch will only work on modules, whis Country code "XT" and regrev "08" in EEPROM.

But recently I came across a module with a different Regulatory Revision code.
Azurewave AW-CE123H for HP, SPS#724935-001. For example,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Azurewave-H...US_Internal_Network_Cards&hash=item2c935ed23a

This module contains in eeprom: Country code "XT" and Regulatory Revision "0B".
My patch "XT-ROW" of the first post - does not work. Instead, the country is set by default "US"...

To patch worked on the modules with any Regulatory Revision code, you need to set Number 00.

Your correct patch, for modules with "XT" contry and any Regulatory Revision:
(enable channels 1-14 (2.4GHz), and 34-165 (5GHz) and full power):
Binary: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 58 54 00 2B 18 2C 21 00 20
Replace: 58 54 00 3F 4B 50 5C 00 0A

To Toleda:
Fix my patch "XT-ROW" in the first post, so it worked on new Azurewave AW-CE123H for HP:
XT-ROW/Replace: 58 54 08 0A 36 1C 47 00 0A -> 58 54 00 0A 36 1C 47 00 0A

That's right.
If there is no match for the country code - used by default: US

So what to do when you live outside the US?
1. Patch EEPROM using linux OR
2. There is a clover hack?

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back