Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone has patches for BCM94352 HMB: 5GHz and Extreme for Yosemite 10.10?

[SOLVED by Skvo on insanelymac]

For OS X 10.10 DP7.

Cosmetic Fix "Unknown -> AirPort " (optional)

Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 6B 10 00 00 75 0D
Replace: 6B 10 00 00 90 90

5 GHz Fix for BCM94352HMB with XT country:

Find: 58 54 00 2B 18 2C 21 00 20
Replace: 58 54 08 0A 36 1C 47 00 0A

Could you please tell me which program you used to find those keys and change them.

You can use "Clover Configurator" and enter those values (without spaces) as is, or You can paste/add kext patch into your config.plist "KextsToPatch" section in text editor:
Code:
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Broadcom 5GHZ</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				WFQAKxgsIQAg
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				WFQICjYcRwAK
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Airport fix 3rd Party Wifi</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				axAAAHUN
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				axAAAJCQ
				</data>
			</dict>

Yosemite Final BCM4352 5Ghz for US: (original patch credit to: Skvo)

5 GHz Fix for BCM94352HMB with US country:

Replace: 55 53 08 0A 36 1C 47 00 0A

I have been trying to get my AR9280 to work with AirDrop between an iOS device on iOS 8.0.2 and the devices don't see each other. Has anyone managed to do that? Between my iPad Air, on iOS 8.0.2 and my iPhone 5S on the same firmware they can send files and see each other just fine. I don't get it. It says supported in system information.

I am getting a BCM94331CD with the adapter soon but need to get this to work so I can have it on another machine. Yosemite recognises the device and everything is working as it should, apart from this. It has the Airdrop section in the finder as well without any edits.

Any help would be appreciated

Update: Nevermind, I got my new Apple card yesterday. The AR9280 only supports legacy Airdrop, Mac to Mac.

Yosemite Final BCM4352 5Ghz for US: (original patch credit to: Skvo)

5 GHz Fix for BCM94352HMB with US country:

Replace: 55 53 08 0A 36 1C 47 00 0A

How do you get the card recognized as an AirPort Extreme like it was in mavericks? I applied this patch, got the 5G supported bands but it still says 3rd party wireless card.

I got myself an Atheros 9280 to replace the card on my Z87N-wifi mobo thinking that it would be plug and play. I can't exactly understand the steps layed out in this guide, nor trust myself to carry them out if I did. I have read that the 9280 card I got is natively supported for Wifi without installing anything, but bluetooth is either unsupported entirely or requires a workaround.

As of now, I have native bluetooth support and no wifi with my included mobo card. With the replacement Atheros card I got, were I to install it, I would have native wifi and no bluetooth. So my question is, which capability would you guys suggest I leave up to USB, bluetooth or wifi? I'm leaning toward bluetooth because they are much lower profile, and I have no need for wide range, as I only use a magic mouse over BT, and hardly ever use other BT functions. I also assume native wifi from the Atheros would provide faster speeds than a low profile wifi USB dongle.

Whatcha think?

Will I be able to replace my Intel 7260NGW with the AW-CE123H? They are both laptop cards but for some reason the connector on the 7260NGW looks different when I compare pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back