Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I supposed that the wifi card must be installed (as in windows).. Sorry for something wrong that I say, it's my first hackintosh. :p:D

The card is supported by drivers installed by the OS X installer.

The card is supported by drivers installed by the OS X installer.

Wonderful! :lol: So, now I have to install just the toledaARPT.kext?

That is the idea... Read post #1 for details.

It will be done.. Now, because I haven't understand it, can you tell me if I'm wrong?

After install it, restartConfigure System Preferences/Network/Airport by adding wifi.
Verify Airport (how to do that?)

It will be done.. Now, because I haven't understand it, can you tell me if I'm wrong?

After install it, restartConfigure System Preferences/Network/Airport by adding wifi.
Verify Airport (how to do that?)

After the driver is loaded, you should be able to add the new interface in SysPrefs->Network ([+] button).

After the driver is loaded, you should be able to add the new interface in SysPrefs->Network ([+] button).

As soon as i can, I'll check it and let you know. Thank you:)

IT WORKS!!! :headbang::cool: Damn, it was so easy :lol: I don't know why, before it didn't work. Thanks a lot anyway

Perhaps I'll just ask here...

After much trawling, I've resigned myself to the fact that the bluetooth on board my mobo (GA-Z87N-WiFi) is never going to work properly. I thought I had it sussed yesterday, but today it's dead as a doorknob.

I don't really need WiFi, as I've been using homeplugs even on my Macbook for the sake of reliability. However, it might be a nice addition for future proofing.

What I figured is it would be nice to just replace the Mini-PCIe card (I think that's what it is?) in the mobo for one with functioning WiFi and BT. I see here that the best options are:

AzureWave AW-CE123H (relatively expensive, supports BT 4.0)
BCM943225 HMB/AzureWave AW-NB290H (cheaper, BT 3.0 only)

or for BT only: Dual Mode USB 4.0 Bluetooth Dongle (BCM20702 Chipset) | GMYLE

How much of a loss is BT 3.0? I don't imagine I'll ever use it for more than my mouse. My experience with BT for data is it's far more hassle than it's worth and I generally prefer USB if I have the option for speed, ease of use. Also, is there any disadvantage of the WiFi on option 2? Am I right in thinking the whole thing can be hooked up to my existing gigabyte aerial?

I assume with the dongle I'll lose a USB slot (i.e. no passthrough). Is the reception with these things OK?

Hello, i change my unsupported wifi module AR5BWB222 in my acer Aspire v3 772g for this module BCM943225 HMB/AzureWave AW-NB290H and have strange issue.

When I use BCM943225 HMB/AzureWave AW-NB290H in MacOsX (Bluetooth work OOB and wifi work when I pached device-id ). The card work fine (sleep and wake up without problems).

The problem is when use this card on windows or linux (the card NEVER wake up). I need unplug Ac power and battery to have funcional wifi and bluetooth again.

¿Some peope with same card have same problems?

I try to use differents drivers (in linux and windows) and not work.
I try to use differents cards (AR5BWB222, Intel AC 7260, in linux and windows) and work fine oob.
I try to plug AW-NB290H in different laptop (Asus) and work fine (in linux, windows and MacOsX).

I'm lost, do not know what else to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back