Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I got the Bluetooth kext to load with two edits to the BTFirmwareUploader.kext.

I added a new key to the info.plist in the Contents folder:
Code:
	<key>BCM-Broadcom-BCM20702A0-21fb-0a5c </key>
		<dict>
			<key>BTController</key>
			<string>BCM</string>
			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
			<string>org.emlydinesh.driver.BTFirmwareUploader</string>
			<key>Firmware</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
			<key>IOClass</key>
			<string>BTFirmwareUploader</string>
			<key>IOProviderClass</key>
			<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
			<key>UpdFwAfterSleep</key>
			<true/>
			<key>idProduct</key>
			<integer>8699</integer>
			<key>idVendor</key>
			<integer>2652</integer>
		</dict>

Then to the Info.plist in the Plugins>Contents folder inside the BluetoothDevInfo.kext, I added:
Code:
<key>AppleBroadcomBTUSBController_21fb</key>
		<dict>
			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
			<string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
			<key>IOClass</key>
			<string>BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
			<key>IOProviderClass</key>
			<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
			<key>LMPLoggingEnabled</key>
			<false/>
			<key>idProduct</key>
			<integer>8699</integer>
			<key>idVendor</key>
			<integer>2652</integer>
		</dict>

You can try using my keys if you run IOJones on your CustoMac and your combo card shows as:

USB Product Name, String, BCM20702A0
idProduct, Number, 0x21fb
idVendor, Number, 0xa5c
USB Vendor Name, String, Broadcom Corp

The combo card is fully functional now. Thanks.

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the world of the hackintosh - started my first one today.

I have the GA-Z87N-WIFI board but the PCI slot will be occupied with a GTX 770. I haven't tried hacking it yet, would just like to know what to expect.

Can someone tell me if wireless will work out of the box or will I need to get a mini PCIe card?

Would really appreciate some help getting started.

Thanks

The card may be blacklisted. Post in the laptop forum.

Thanks for the reply Toleda :)

Blacklisted ? I'm not sure what you mean. I have never heard of this...
Plus, wouldn't it not work as well on Linux if it was blacklisted ?
What should I post about in the laptop forum ?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want o make sure I understand what you mean :)

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the world of the hackintosh - started my first one today.

I have the GA-Z87N-WIFI board but the PCI slot will be occupied with a GTX 770. I haven't tried hacking it yet, would just like to know what to expect.

Can someone tell me if wireless will work out of the box or will I need to get a mini PCIe card?

Would really appreciate some help getting started.

Thanks

I think if you were to do a search or read through this thread you'd find that question has probably been asked (and answered) several dozen times already. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just sayin'...

But anyway, the answer is no, the mini PCIe Wifi/Bluetooth card that comes with the motherboard will not work OOB with OS X (nor is it likely it will ever work at all). There simply isn't a driver for Mac OS X for the Intel Centrino line of Wifi cards. I believe the Bluetooth part of that card will work, but the Wifi never will.

For advice on which mini PCIe card to replace it with, go to the first post of this thread.

Does no one have any information that may be helpful? The only way that I've been able to have the card work in Windows is by resetting my CMOS and booting into Windows first. Once I boot in to OS X, the card ceases to work in Windows. I have tried changing BIOS settings to no avail.

Could anyone please help me?

Since no one has replied, I will UPDATE in a reply to my former post.

I have done the injection from scratch with no change in results. Wifi+BT work great in OS X 10.9.2, but Windows 7 SP1 will not find any networks nor devices, despite both working flawlessly prior to OS X injection.

This time around I have even performed the 5Ghz patch, which, I will add, greatly improved BT mouse performance when Wifi was under load (prior to the patch, interference on the 2.4Ghz channel caused the BT mouse to lag greatly). However, as I had suspected, this did not alter Windows 7's ability to see networks or devices (despite seeing both the current drivers for the card in Device Manager).

As this is my first build, am I simply missing something when it comes to dual-booting OS X and Windows, or is this particular issue limited to the use of a mini card such as this? In my searches on the forum, the only other post I've seen that has reported a similar issue is this, however there seems to be no solution on that thread nor the tomshardware thread linked within.

I would be grateful if anyone could at least set me in the right direction to resolving this issue.

Thanks again.

Does no one have any information that may be helpful? The only way that I've been able to have the card work in Windows is by resetting my CMOS and booting into Windows first. Once I boot in to OS X, the card ceases to work in Windows. I have tried changing BIOS settings to no avail.

Could anyone please help me?

Can you try doing a cold boot after OSX ? Power down the machine completely (Not just a reboot), and then restart with Win 7.

See what that does...

Can you try doing a cold boot after OSX ? Power down the machine completely (Not just a reboot), and then restart with Win 7.

See what that does...

Thanks for your reply, WonkeyDonkey. Unfortunately, it is still broken after both a cold boot to Windows via Chameleon and a cold boot to Windows via BIOS override. :banghead: My temporary solution has been to share my Macbook Pro wifi connection via ethernet and having a wired mouse on stand-by when I need to boot into Windows, but this is less than ideal.

Odd side note: It seems as if Windows is also unable to Sleep, whereas Sleep works just fine in OS X.

Hi, can anyone help me?

I'm trying to make the onboard wifi card of "p8z77-v deluxe" works in mavericks.
I've add the strings in dsdt and now it is been reconized.
But mac say that don't have the driver installed.
I've attached a print.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2014-04-05 às 10.53.19.png
    Captura de Tela 2014-04-05 às 10.53.19.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 153
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back