Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give up. This is very disappointing, as the card cost me a staggering $100, and I bought it mainly on the claims in the OP that "it would work" (other reasons were ac, and widi). It doesn't work. Not for me anyhow.
The OP/BT (BCM4352.kext) is working in 10.8.5. The same solution does not work in 10.9. I have been working on a 10.9 solution and it is currently working, though, not reliably. I will post the 10.9 solution when it is ready.

The OP/BT (BCM4352.kext) is working in 10.8.5. The same solution does not work in 10.9. I have been working on a 10.9 solution and it is currently working, though, not reliably. I will post the 10.9 solution when it is ready.
Fantastic! I will wait. This explains a lot. Very grateful

Fingers crossed!

Notes - Broadcom
  1. Wake on LAN - not working (BCM94352 working)
  2. 5 GHz - not working (BCM94352)

So, I was a little confused on the Azurewave AW-CE123H that seems to come highly recommended from being posted here! From what it sounds, this uses the BCM943352, correct? I take this is different than the BCM94352 card, correct? From this assumption, I would think the BCM943352 is ok in dual band? This is a big deal of course (for my N and ac networks..) So many people wanted this card and I doubt they would if it didn't work in 5GHz.

Thanks for the work and effort you guys do everywhere, not just here..

Respectfully,
TVO

BTW : If I am applying DSDT edits using the repo, should I choose BCM94352 for the BCM943352 card?

So, I was a little confused on the Azurewave AW-CE123H that seems to come highly recommended from being posted here!
There is no relationship between being posted and being highly recommended. This thread discusses what works (and how to make it work) and what doesn't. No assumptions are presented and none should be taken.

There is no BCM943352; typos in Post #1, fixed. The only card natively supported in OS X is the BCM4360 as noted in Post #1. The BCM94352/AZ-CE123H is not native and cannot be assumed to work as native. To be clear, the BCM94352 does not work in 5 GHz in OS X at this time, see Post #1.

Is the fix for 10.9 for onboard wifi, or for a specific PCIe card.

There is no relationship between being posted and being highly recommended. This thread discusses what works (and how to make it work) and what doesn't. No assumptions are presented and none should be taken.

There is no BCM943352; typos in Post #1, fixed. The only card natively supported in OS X is the BCM4360 as noted in Post #1. The BCM94352/AZ-CE123H is not native and cannot be assumed to work as native. To be clear, the BCM94352 does not work in 5 GHz in OS X at this time, see Post #1.

Thank you for the clarity on this, I will just hold on to this card until (if) 5GHz ever gets implemented, but until then, no reason to have a card that only does 2.4GHz for me. Thank you also for the repo w/ *DT patches, I have found this useful regardless.

TVO

Is my card AR9280 (AR5BHB92) really native recognized? Or should I add?:

<string>pci168c,1081</string>

See:
/S/L/E/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/Info.plist

<key>IONameMatch</key>
<array>
<string>pci168c,30</string>
<string>pci168c,2a</string>
<string>pci106b,0086</string>
<string>pci168c,1c</string>
<string>pci168c,23</string>
<string>pci168c,24</string>
</array>

This is my card:

wifi.JPG

Is my card AR9280 (AR5BHB92) really native recognized? Or should I add?:

<string>pci168c,1081</string>

See:
/S/L/E/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/Info.plist

This is my card:

View attachment 74557

Use DPCIManager to determine your device id. It should be supported natively (168c:002a). The id you see in System Info is NOT the ID you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back