Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Sorry for asking this, but I installed one of the new modules, the one with the wifi + BT 4.0 from the ASUS Maximus VI Extreme motherboard. I got wifi working now, as this model is wifi + BT can you guys point me in the right direction to have the bluetooth functional?.

I installed one of the new modules, the one with the wifi + BT 4.0 from the ASUS Maximus VI Extreme motherboard.
Post #1, 2 choices:
1. ARPTEnabler, download and install bcm4352,kext
2. Edit plist, see
[Guide] airport_pcie-hm_plist_edits.pdf

I used your guide to modify the 4360 kext information and now it recognized the wifi automatically, what I am wondering is the bluetooth, how do I check if its working and if its not then how do I fix it. I dont see a bluetooth icon anywhere.

Thank you for your quick response, I did what you already told me to make it recognize the wifi network.

Demigoth

how do I check if its working and if its not then how do I fix it. I dont see a bluetooth icon anywhere.
System Preferences/Bluetooth
Post #1, Notes: 2. Determine WiFi Card/Bluetooth ProductID/VendorID
[Guide] airport_pcie-hm_plist_edits.pdf, see II. Broadcom BT

Thank you Toleda, you rock, I will check it as soon as I get home.

Easily fixed at my end, but was just wondering if there was a reason the DSDT edits for AR9x8x are added under device RP07 PXSX if airport is not present (ie a clean DSDT since the card isn't recognised there)?

Just in my Zotac Z77 ITX Build it is needed under RP01 as per your original guide. As I say, easily fixed at my end, I just relocated the edits in my DSDT and all works perfectly again, thanks, but thought it might throw some people so wanted to report.

I'm looking for wifi half height card dual band with 3 streams ,if possible?
The AR9380 looked ideal except its full height , any suggestions? For dell m6600.
So far considering dell dw1515/ar9280 ;ar9380 and mounting in wwan slot (full height ) not sure if possible
or as a last resort AR9287 / AR5B93
anybody here tried a full height wifi card in wwan slot?

note: can confirm Ar5B93 is fully recognised during 10.8.4 install and no extra tweaks req. / presume 10.8.5 also

Easily fixed at my end, but was just wondering if there was a reason the DSDT edits for AR9x8x are added under device RP07 PXSX if airport is not present.
The answer is in the patch:
Atheros AR9380/AR9280/AR9285/AR9287 WiFi dsdt edits
Verify IOReg/pci168c device @1C,6/RP07 otherwise, edit patch file:
Find: RP07Replace All:

The dsdt editor does not know anything about your system, hopefully, the user running the editor does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back