Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No bluetooth on the USB bus. USB configuration problem. Off-topic here.
See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/
Thanks for the link and that is good to know, I was not aware of USB changes (my USB 2 and 3 ports worked immediately post-install).

One more question. I wasn't even able to get the bluetooth on this AWE-CE123H working in Windows, no matter what drivers I found. Is it reasonable to assume, that my laptop motherboard's half-mini slot, is not capable of talking to USB? (similar to the half-mini PCI adapters needing a cable to be plugged into a desktop motherboard?

One more question. I wasn't even able to get the bluetooth on this AWE-CE123H working in Windows, no matter what drivers I found. Is it reasonable to assume, that my laptop motherboard's half-mini slot, is not capable of talking to USB? (similar to the half-mini PCI adapters needing a cable to be plugged into a desktop motherboard?

It is possible, but unlikely.
Before you replaced the WiFi card, was BT working in Windows?

Your card is not broken. I had the exact same problem. If you are using a mini pci-e card to desktop pcie-e adapter, there are two pins that handle disabling either Bluetooth or wifi. The adapter does not properly handle these pins and shorts the mobo. This can be fixed by taping 2 pins. Attached to this post is a picture with arrows pointing to the two pins you must tape. Sorry I didn't see this earlier, hope you haven't bought another card yet.
You are a straight legend. Works perfect now that I put tape over those two pins. You have no idea how long I've been trying to figure this problem out (going on a year now). I'm glad I'm not the only one out there with this issue haha, I thought I was going crazy. I owe you one, thanks again!

It is possible, but unlikely.
Before you replaced the WiFi card, was BT working in Windows?
I originally had no BT. I've had success with the AW-CE123H in my last laptop (Alienware), and got BT working with it in Yosemite. It also had both antennas for Main and Aux. My current laptop only has one cable for the Main, no secondary cable for Aux.

Hi Forum,
this is my first post here.
First of all, thanks for all your hard work and your effort you put into our beloved hackintosh’s.
This is my second build and my only issue I have, is with WIFI and Bluetooth.

I have tried / read so many different attempts, but none of them is working.
I would really appreciate any help that could help me.

1. Description of wireless problem
WIFI / Bluetooth not detected / working in OS X (windows10 is working native).
I’ve replaced the WIFI m.2 card on my ASUS z170i Pro Gaming, as described here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/bcm94352z-installed-on-asus-z170i-pro-gaming-wifi-and-bt.191274/

My m.2 card is now:
Broadcom bcm94352z DW1560
My device is on pci 14e4 43b1

2. OS X version / Motherboard / BIOS Version / Processor / Graphics
OS X Version: 10.12.3
Mainboard: ASUS z170i Pro Gaming
BIOS Version: 2002 x64
Processor: Intel Core i5 6600K
Graphics: EVGA Geforce 980

3. Procedure / Guide used
https://github.com/toleda/wireless_half-mini

Airport Injection Methods/Enable WiFi (10.12/10.11/10.10 - all versions, select one method, note: 94352, 5 GHz patch required, see below)
  1. kext enabler, see FakePCIID (10.12 working, use 2016-1115 or newer)
    1. All supported WiFi cards (includes 94352)
    2. README FakePCIID -- RehabMan
    3. Download FakePCIID -- RehabMan
    4. Install (2016-1115 or newer):
      1. FakePCIID.kext
      2. FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

And I tried some KextsToPatch (2. in github README Injection Methods):
kext edit/Info.plist, see [Guide] airport-pcie-hm-plist-edits .pdf above
  1. 94352, see config-bcm94352-120.plist
    1. 10.11-BCM94352-0x43b114e4-Info.plist-bpresles
    2. Paste patch to config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch
I've attached all the requested files for problem reporting.
Thank you very much!

10.12 BCM94352 WiFI requirements:
- 'fcvo' patch by the-darkvoid
- FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext (latest version)

Bluetooth:
- BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext (installed to the system volume)
- if your bluetooth controller is not on the USB bus (check in System Information -> USB), you have a separate (USB) problem that must be addressed first.

Hi RehabMan,
thanks for coming back to me.
I already have:
- 'fcvo' patch by the-darkvoid put into config.plist (I tried both editing the config.plist and pasting it through clover configurator)
- FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext (latest version) (I've tried system volume S/L/E and CLOVER/kexts)

Do I need any other patches activated next to 'fcvo' patch by the-darkvoid? (refering to config-bcm94352-120.plist from the git readme)
When loading FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext (Also tried S/LE/ via KextWizard, KextUtiliy and CLOVER/kextes/Other -> my system does not even boot, most of the time).
As far as I understood, WIFI could work standalone with my wifi controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back