Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not relevant with respect to macOS.
It is a valid Broadcom device_id (never shipped)
See Broadcom - WikiDevi (select devices to see device_id)
Note: all Broadcom ac wifi products have device_ids of 43a0 or higher.

So if it is legit bcm card is there any way to inject it to fakepciid ?

Ok, thank you for your time Toleda

The suggestion you gave was to reinstall sierra from scratch, others have done the same and no success. sorry if I am being a bother, I dont mean to be.
Was there another suggestion to try that I missed? Native hardware? what does that mean, like just buy a mac or something? no

Last edited:
toleda I made a clean install of macOS Sierra 10.12 on e7450 with replaced dw1560, handoff was not working properly.
I was able to see the icon, but when I clicked on it e.g Safari it open the browser, but nothing else.
Same behavior for 10.12.1

FakeSMC updated to latest version

AlphaFox I never was able to make Apple Watch auto-unlocking function to work. It's possible to enable it in System Preferences and I get the message when I wake PC from sleep, that macOS is trying to unlock the PC, but after few second I'm asked to type my password.
I wonder if it has something in common with "Find my mac" function in iCloud? Every time I enable "Find my mac" it's working like a charm, until PC restart. After restart it is always disabled.

Last edited:
Hey-- new member here! So let me dive right in and chip in based on my experience with Sierra so far. I'm using a Lenovo Y50-70 laptop running macOS 10.12.1 as of now which I've set up after following the great guide that RehabMan's written. I've swapped the laptop's original WiFi card with a Broadcom BCM94352z.

I've done several clean installations of both 10.12 and 10.12.1 as well as run 10.12.2 beta for a couple of days for pure testing purposes. I've had no problem whatsoever with either WiFi or bluetooth; note that I'm using the latest FakePCIIDs from RehabMan's repo alongside a properly (as fas as I can tell) config.plist containing the three patches (found on toleda's repo) needed for enabling 5GHz WiFi connectivity, handoff, and for the card to show up as an AirPort Extreme for cosmetic reasons.

That said, handoff is not working properly. I cannot unlock my hackintosh using my Apple Watch too. Airdrop is working as expected. To get into details, handoff from Mac to iPhone's working exactly as it should; on the other hand handoff from iPhone to Mac isn't most of the time. It only works immediately after restarting or after I've used Airdrop and then remains usable for the next half minute or so. As for unlocking with the watch, I can enable it through settings but when used it just keeps spinning and spinning until it times out and I'm prompted to type in my password.

So in conclusion, I think it's pretty much established by now that handoff on Sierra when it comes to this specific card (not sure if it's a widespread issue to be honest) is buggy and I believe bluetooth is to blame. Not sure if it matters but my iPhone's on iOS 10.1.1; I'll probably try 10.2 beta and see if it helps actually. Hopefully someone will come up with a solution soon, but the important stuff's already working perfectly so that's good! Anyways, if I can be of any help to resolve the issue I'll be happy to help!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back