Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
11/3/16 - 10.12.1 WiFi Injection stopped working (1. FakePCIID.kext and 5. Clover/FixAirport), see Post #1/Airport/WiFi Injection Methods.

This was what #2135 was trying to say I suppose, the FakePCIID injection is not working. :x

Anyway, I skip the SSDT injection and just use the Kext Edit injection and everything is back to normal. Even after removing the "3 PCI fixes"

U310 running 10.10.5

I had a correctly running 94352 using the airport branding and the 5ghz and bluetooth for about 6 months (RehabMan and I discussed this back in July when I first installed, it was working correctly). I did this by using Rehabman's FakePCIID kexts and the BRCMPatchRAM and the patch in the clover plist. Bluetooth and wifi were working great for 6 months.

I let the battery die on my U310 after neglecting to shut down the computer. I recharged, booted back up and the wifi and bluetooth are completely inoperable, nothing will respond. I get the familiar "no wifi" in the Network Settings even though the System Information panel shows the airport extreme information (but nothing shows under bluetooth, now). Picture included in the zip for reference.

Any help or assistance? Could it be something that goofed in my BIOS since the battery died? The BIOS was whitelist patched when I first installed Yosemite. Wifi and BT both worked no issues until the battery died and the OS force shutdown. I tried messing with kexts and completely re-doing my DSDT and SSDT edits, patches, complies, etc. But I can't get the wifi to work.

IOReg and kextcache info attached.

@RehabMan and devs, thank you in advance for the help!

edit: calling for help

Attachments

• PG_MacbookInfo.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Sorry i simply meant SSDT worked. I'm thinking of reverting back to 10.12 just because all was stable in my setup in that build. Handoff/Bluetooth/Wifi all working. Trying to see why my connection drops intermittently right now

Update: @toleda Installed fresh Sierra and updated to 10.12.1 — Tried the plist edit approach and can confirm this works.

Hi joloroid, just to confirm as I was contemplating a fresh install, you now have everything working including Handoff in 10.12.1? Cheers

@joloroid which kind of method you used to have the handoff working on 10.12 install?

My Wifi card is recognized as a Brcm4331 instead of a Brcm4360. Could it be the reason for the not working handoff/hotspot?

I am so out of my expertise here. I've done to hackintoshes on a desktop but this laptop is driving me insane. I've replaced the wifi card with a Broadcom BCM94352Z and can't get it to work following this guid. I feel like throwing this laptop out the window! But seriously I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've put the kexts into my 10.12 clover folder also added the config.plist for bcm94352-120 also tried all the ssdt-arprt.aml files in the patched folder of clover. I've tried to see which RP0 my wifi card is but nothing shows a wifi card except for under dcpimanager. when I go to ioregistry it doesn't show a wifi card anywhere. I can't figure this out for the life of me. It is driving me nuts!

Toleda said not to use the old ktext method as he thinks its a hack or something. I was using it before 12.1 but it broke and I had to add additional ktext to get it to work but toledo said the SSDT method was better. either way, I can't get apply watch unlock or handoff to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back