Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't see it spelled out anywhere: to which file am I applying the whitelist patch? (Trying to get a BCM43224 working in Sierra, if it matters.)

OK, didn't realize you're proposing not a new patch, but rather a country code that is not mentioned in post #1 or related links.

RM,

Yes, the main guide is quite vague when it comes to Country codes despite several references to "See ROW/WiFi Country Code above" All that section actually has is a link to a base converter web page and does not make it clear about the importance of setting this for those of us outside of the US. I think this section should be expanded with some examples of using alternate CC codes and include the special case #a as a get out of jail for those users who continue to have issues with AC network speeds.

I'd forgotten about the #a hack until i came across the post to you from Ramalama mentioned in my last post ..

I should point out that I'm running 10.11.6 on my WiFi enabled systems ... I haven't felt the need to update to Sierra yet as does not give any new features that i actually need or want ...

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't see it spelled out anywhere: to which file am I applying the whitelist patch? (Trying to get a BCM43224 working in Sierra, if it matters.)

Patches are in config.plist... KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch section.

RM,

Yes, the main guide is quite vague when it comes to Country codes despite several references to "See ROW/WiFi Country Code above" All that section actually has is a link to a base converter web page and does not make it clear about the importance of setting this for those of us outside of the US. I think this section should be expanded with some examples of using alternate CC codes and include the special case #a as a get out of jail for those users who continue to have issues with AC network speeds.

I'd forgotten about the #a hack until i came across the post to you from Ramalama mentioned in my last post ..

I should point out that I'm running 10.11.6 on my WiFi enabled systems ... I haven't felt the need update to Sierra yet as does not give any new features that i actually need or want ...

Cheers
Jay

Maybe toleda will update post #1...

I am having poor performance with my BCM94352Z. My devices are about -85 and -79 RSSI.
I used the files from RehabMan and follow the guide correctly but I feel I am still not doing something right.

What are some things I can fix or test to get better bluetooth performance?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 11.24.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 11.24.25 AM.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 216
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back