Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys today I made stupid things. I broke my Bluetooth USB cable (Broadcom BCM94360CD Dual-band 2.4&5GHz AC 4 Antennas Wireless Network Card with BT4.0) and now my Bluetooth features doesn't work. But I have GYMLE dongle just in case. I put my GYMLE dongle to computer and it did not recognise always show no bluetooth available on the menu bar. I add these kext and GYMLE now works. But it wouldn’t update my firmware version. Still shows v4096.

How to fix firmware version and which patch should I use for Handoff?

Thanks.

1. Bluetooth Problem GYMLE Dongle
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
2. OS X v10.11.4 / GA Z87X UD5H/ vF.9 / 4770 / Intel HD and Nvidia 660 / Clover v3354
3. Step 2/Enable BT
4. Attached
5. Attached
6. Attached
9. Attached Terminal Output for code down below
cat /var/log/system.log | grep -i brcm[fp]

Seems to be some sort of USB problem:
Code:
Mar 22 20:04:57 iMac kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM2: uploadFirmware could not open the device!

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Seems to be some sort of USB problem:
Code:
Mar 22 20:04:57 iMac kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM2: uploadFirmware could not open the device!

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

I did nothing but firmware update problem solved by itself. It looks like. (picture attached)

Code:
Last login: Wed Mar 23 16:06:20 on console
iMac:~ MuratOzgul$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext GenericUSBXHCI.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext
AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.
AppleDataSetManagement.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.
iMac:~ MuratOzgul$

Now I must try to activate handoff.

is GYMLE dongle working with handoff? if works which patch should I use for my system on the first page? and I read your other post from the other site you mention about country code should I use that?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 16.10.53.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 16.10.53.png
    131.9 KB · Views: 213
I did nothing but firmware update problem solved by itself. It looks like. (picture attached)

Code:
Last login: Wed Mar 23 16:06:20 on console
iMac:~ MuratOzgul$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext GenericUSBXHCI.kext[/quote]

Not sure why you have GenericUSBXHCI installed with your hardware...

[quote]
Now I must try to activate handoff. 

is GYMLE dongle working with handoff? if works which patch should I use for my system on the first page? and I read your other post from the other site you mention about country code should I use that?[/QUOTE]

There is only one handoff patch (depends on OS X version).  Country code is not involved with handoff (that is applicable only to 5ghz WiFi).

Not sure why you have GenericUSBXHCI installed with your hardware...

I forgot to delete GenericUSBXHCI.kext :) I just tried that kext for Motherboards USB when you released.

There is only one handoff patch (depends on OS X version). Country code is not involved with handoff (that is applicable only to 5ghz WiFi).

Ok. I patched and seems activated. (attached picture) But there is something wrong. I can work continuity iPad to Mac but not stable(I must to open and close bluetooth every time on iPad) other hand doesn't work Mac to iPad.

is there any way to fix it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 01.55.13.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 01.55.13.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 219
Ok. I patched and seems activated. (attached picture) But there is something wrong. I can work continuity iPad to Mac but not stable(I must to open and close bluetooth every time on iPad) other hand doesn't work Mac to iPad.

is there any way to fix it?

Different devices have different firmware, and therefore varied incompatibilities that are likely firmware related.

Different devices have different firmware, and therefore varied incompatibilities that are likely firmware related.

By the way I deleted GenericUSB.kext then restart but this time my magic mouse unstable every restart always searching and other hand I back to add GenericUSB.kext to extensions folder handoff now works iPad to Mac but Mac to iMac is unstable now. Its really weird. This is probably effect something else in my setup.

Thank you again for your help.

By the way I deleted GenericUSB.kext then restart but this time my magic mouse unstable every restart always searching and other hand I back to add GenericUSB.kext to extensions folder handoff now works iPad to Mac but Mac to iMac is unstable now. Its really weird. This is probably effect something else in my setup.

Thank you again for your help.

I don't see any hardware in your profile that requires GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

I have BCM94360CD, Wifi and BT work without patch, today i try make Handoff work but no lucky, try apply Whitelist Patch and Handoff patch to Config.plist but no change, I am using profile iMac 17,1. Did i something wrong ?

Here Screenshot from Clover Config

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 15.39.33.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 15.39.33.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 211
  • config.plist
    7.7 KB · Views: 269
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back