Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple new issues I am running into, and hoping someone can help. Installed bluetooth card and got it working in posts 1617 and 1619. After I power off the computer (not a restart but a power down) OS X forgets about my Logitech MX Master paired via bluetooth. It doesn't show in the bluetooth pair list and I have to re-pair the mouse. This only happens on a power down. Additionally handoff only half works. If I open a handoff compatible app (Messages, Safari, etc) on my phone, it shows up in the dock on the Hackintosh. However, the reverse is not true. If I open a handoff capable app on my Hackintosh, it does not appear in handoff on any of my other Handoff capable devices.

I followed the installation and troubleshooting as was suggested. The BrcmPatchRAM says it supports my device (0a5c:22be) but not tested successfully (as per the readme file). I am using the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and not using the BrcmPatchRAM2.kext or BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and that's what has gotten me this far.

Someone with more knowledge of this have any suggestions? Thanks.

A couple new issues I am running into, and hoping someone can help. Installed bluetooth card and got it working in posts 1617 and 1619. After I power off the computer (not a restart but a power down) OS X forgets about my Logitech MX Master paired via bluetooth. It doesn't show in the bluetooth pair list and I have to re-pair the mouse. This only happens on a power down. Additionally handoff only half works. If I open a handoff compatible app (Messages, Safari, etc) on my phone, it shows up in the dock on the Hackintosh. However, the reverse is not true. If I open a handoff capable app on my Hackintosh, it does not appear in handoff on any of my other Handoff capable devices.

I followed the installation and troubleshooting as was suggested. The BrcmPatchRAM says it supports my device (0a5c:22be) but not tested successfully (as per the readme file). I am using the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and not using the BrcmPatchRAM2.kext or BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and that's what has gotten me this far.

Someone with more knowledge of this have any suggestions? Thanks.

If your device needs a firmware uploader, you should use BrcmPatchRAM2+BrcmFirmwareRepo. BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext does not upload firmware.

If your device needs a firmware uploader, you should use BrcmPatchRAM2+BrcmFirmwareRepo. BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext does not upload firmware.

So I use all 3 kexts then? Currently I only use BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and it "works". I did this only because you told me in a previous post my device (0a5c:22be) is not supported by BrcmPatchRAM. I'll try installing BrcmPatchRAM2 and BrcmFirmwareRepo again and update with results. Also, I did not do the clover patch or kext edit in step 3a of this guide as it doesn't appear I need it.

So I use all 3 kexts then?

No. Read the README at the BrcmPatchRAM github repo.

Currently I only use BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and it "works". I did this only because you told me in a previous post my device (0a5c:22be) is not supported by BrcmPatchRAM.

Two cases:
- not supported by BrcmPatchRAM2 but needs a firmware uploader: Only solution is to wait until support is added. You can find out in Windows whether you need a firmware uploader or not (in fact, you can use Windows to upload firmware, which may help you test...)
- not supported by BrcmPatchRAM2 but has built-in firmware without a firmware uploader. In this case, the id is supported by BrcmBluetoothInjector and your results will depend on how compatible the built-in firmware is.

No. Read the README at the BrcmPatchRAM github repo.

Two cases:
- not supported by BrcmPatchRAM2 but needs a firmware uploader: Only solution is to wait until support is added. You can find out in Windows whether you need a firmware uploader or not (in fact, you can use Windows to upload firmware, which may help you test...)
- not supported by BrcmPatchRAM2 but has built-in firmware without a firmware uploader. In this case, the id is supported by BrcmBluetoothInjector and your results will depend on how compatible the built-in firmware is.

Ok, I did see the readme and it's an either/or situation, not both the injector and patchRAM/firmwareRepo. It appears my device has built in firmware as it "works" when I have the injector kext installed, but only marginally until further support is gathered for it. I'm not familiar with the Windows side of things and uploading firmware as 1) I don't know what this card came out of, and 2) I don't know much about uploading firmware in general. All I know is the generic Windows bluetooth driver works just fine in Windows. Thanks for the help RehabMan, I'll keep watching the github project for PatchRAM and maybe try and figure out uploading firmware.

Ok, I did see the readme and it's an either/or situation, not both the injector and patchRAM/firmwareRepo. It appears my device has built in firmware as it "works" when I have the injector kext installed, but only marginally until further support is gathered for it.

That is true of all devices, even those that have firmware uploaders. You need to check in Windows. Look at the files that make up the driver software (in Device Manager).

That is true of all devices, even those that have firmware uploaders. You need to check in Windows. Look at the files that make up the driver software (in Device Manager).

These?
BT 2.JPGBT 1.JPG
Yeah I'm not familiar with windows enough to even claim I know what I'm looking for in device manager. As far as I can tell this is the generic windows bluetooth driver. I cannot find a specific driver released by anyone for this specific bluetooth card. I've searched Lenovo, HP, Dell, ASUS. I had a thought based on something similar in Linux that maybe this device (22BE) will respond as another device (21E8) so I could use similar firmware, but I doubt it.

In System Profiler it shows "Firmware Version: v14 c8192" but it shows this regardless if I reboot from windows or boot from power off.

These?
View attachment 181083View attachment 181084
Yeah I'm not familiar with windows enough to even claim I know what I'm looking for in device manager. As far as I can tell this is the generic windows bluetooth driver. I cannot find a specific driver released by anyone for this specific bluetooth card. I've searched Lenovo, HP, Dell, ASUS. I had a thought based on something similar in Linux that maybe this device (22BE) will respond as another device (21E8) so I could use similar firmware, but I doubt it.

In System Profiler it shows "Firmware Version: v14 c8192" but it shows this regardless if I reboot from windows or boot from power off.

Look at "Driver"->Details (going from memory).

Hi guys today I made stupid things. I broke my Bluetooth USB cable (Broadcom BCM94360CD Dual-band 2.4&5GHz AC 4 Antennas Wireless Network Card with BT4.0) and now my Bluetooth features doesn't work. But I have GYMLE dongle just in case. I put my GYMLE dongle to computer and it did not recognise always show no bluetooth available on the menu bar. I add these kext and GYMLE now works. But it wouldn’t update my firmware version. Still shows v4096.

How to fix firmware version and which patch should I use for Handoff?

Thanks.

1. Bluetooth Problem GYMLE Dongle
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
2. OS X v10.11.4 / GA Z87X UD5H/ vF.9 / 4770 / Intel HD and Nvidia 660 / Clover v3354
3. Step 2/Enable BT
4. Attached
5. Attached
6. Attached
9. Attached Terminal Output for code down below
cat /var/log/system.log | grep -i brcm[fp]

Attachments

• iMac 14.2.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 166
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back