Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the quick reply. My note was just a recommendation and I didn't see a better place to post it. The other day I was looking for a probook 4540s compatible wifi card supported out of the box for my 2nd hackintosh that was from newegg or Amazon. I was hoping to get a wifi/bt combo card this time that would work OOB. I prefer to go the natively supported OOB route because it seems to be less susceptible to problems created by OS X version updates. I almost bought a Azurewave AW-CE123H on Amazon but some of the comments about problems with Yosemite made me wary. Ultimately, I decided to go the safe route so I reordered the same Atheros Wireless AR5BHB92 AR9280 wifi card and a separate GMYLE Bluetooth Adapter Dongle from Amazon that I used on my first 4540s because I know it works. The downside is that you guys didn't get a referral fee.

I've tried searching for and purchasing cards based on the chipset recommendation here but it didn't work out for me. I previously purchased a BCM943224HM on ebay but it had a non-standard id and it wouldn't work in Yosemite. The vendor was probably rebadging used cards or something since it was also difficult to install in Windows. I realize there are workarounds for situations like this but I think there are many people like me that just want to order something known to work from a reputable vendor without further trouble or surprises.

I think providing a link to Amazon or Newegg for several working wifi and/or BT combo cards would be a financial benefit to this site and a matter of convenience to the many people that appreciate the work you and other moderators do here. Thank you again.

I've purchased two Azurewave AW-CE123H from ebay and they work with the solutions here (BrcmPatchRAM, FakePCIID, handoff patch, 5ghz patch).

A BCM94352HMB is definitely a better solution than your AR9280+GMYLE.

I think the issue is that these parts are generally laptop parts and are not direct items from amazon or newegg. For example, there is only one newegg listing for BCM94352 and the price is ridiculous.

Hello,

for some reason I lost 5GHz connectivity.

It was working perfectly well until El Capitan PB6. Then it worked in PB6 until I tried to install El Capitan GM and my App Store decided to download the PB6 instead. So I did a full install of PB6, not knowing, and lost 5 GHz.

I am now on GM and 5 GHz hasn't returned. I have the patch in my config.plist, haven't touched any kexts (I checked, they're still in S/L/E). No clue what changed/happened. Perhaps I just need to wait a bit...

Edit: or maybe I need to replace IOUSBFamily with IOUSBHostFamily in the BTFirmwareUploader.kext ;)

9/10/2015 - 10.11 GM support
See Post #1.
I am sure this is a stupid question but post 1 says:

"9/10/2015 - 10.11 GM support - BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, credit: RehabMan"

But when I go to RehabMan's download page the latest version is from July...

I am sure this is a stupid question but post 1 says:

"9/10/2015 - 10.11 GM support - BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, credit: RehabMan"

But when I go to RehabMan's download page the latest version is from July...

You seem to be confusing the date that I built the kext with the date associated with this particular edit by toleda.

Ah, gotcha. I thought it meant the kext got updated :)

Hello,

for some reason I lost 5GHz connectivity.

It was working perfectly well until El Capitan PB6. Then it worked in PB6 until I tried to install El Capitan GM and my App Store decided to download the PB6 instead. So I did a full install of PB6, not knowing, and lost 5 GHz.

I am now on GM and 5 GHz hasn't returned. I have the patch in my config.plist, haven't touched any kexts (I checked, they're still in S/L/E). No clue what changed/happened. Perhaps I just need to wait a bit...

Edit: or maybe I need to replace IOUSBFamily with IOUSBHostFamily in the BTFirmwareUploader.kext ;)

Hey bro..
can u please upload your kexts ?
on EL_Capitan GM my card works but no connected and try to find one solution.
Thanks ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back