Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • XT-ROW Credit: Skvo #840
  • Find: 58 54 00 2B 18 2C 21 00 20
  • Replace: 58 54 00 0A 36 1C 47 00 0A
I do confirm this XT-Row 5GHz patch no longer work on 10.10.3 ...
(Toleda can you update #post 1 ? Thanks)

I managed to change the Country Code of the Airport Card by modifying the 5GHz US/FCC Clover Patch ! :)
Code:
Custom FR BCM94352 5 GHz (>10.10.3)
Name	AirPortBrcm4360
Find	41 83 FC FF 74 2C 48
Replace	66 C7 06 46 52 EB 2B

FR 46 52

You can modify it with your own 2-letters country code :
Code:
Custom ?? BCM94352 5 GHz (>10.10.3)
Name	AirPortBrcm4360
Find	41 83 FC FF 74 2C 48
Replace	66 C7 06 ?? ?? EB 2B
Codes mentioned in AirPortBrcm4360 ... but not tested yet ! (except FR DE US CA GB)
Code:
AE AF AR AT AU AZ BD BE BG BN BR BT BY CA CH CL CN CO CR CY CZ DE DK DO EC EE EG ES FI FR GB GR GT GU HK HN HR HU ID IE IL IN IS IT JM JO JP KH KR KZ LA LI LK LT LU LV MA MM MN MO MT MV MX MY NI NL NO NP NZ PA PE PH PK PL PR PT PY RO RS RU SA SE SG SI SK SV TH TR TT TW UA US UY VE VI VN ZA

More informations : here

Attachments

• fr.png
    fr.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 2,681
  • gb.png
    gb.png
    110.8 KB · Views: 2,287
  • ca.png
    ca.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 2,120
  • de.png
    de.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 2,015
  • us.png
    us.png
    134.6 KB · Views: 1,846
Is there any proper 3x3:3 b/g/n/ac half mini card that is compatible with hackintosh?

is there any proper 3x3:3 b/g/n/ac half mini card that is compatible with hackintosh?

Broadcom BCM94360HMB.

No direct experience with it. May be hard to come by...

@The_DarkVoid,

I've noticed that my 5Ghz wifi (AW-CE123H) occasionally still disappears, I am currently using #a as CC but it does it with US, GB ... etc, at first i though this was fixed as it still works after sleep ...

But after a deep sleep like over-night, 5Ghz is no longer seen by OS X, checking WiFi on System Profiler shows that CC has returned to XT ?

After a bit more experimentation i found that the same happens after changing SSID from my 5Ghz to my 2.4Ghz network. This would suggest that changing SSID to 2.4Ghz causes a WiFi Stack reset (as does a deep sleep ?) which is different to previous OS X releases - perhaps this is part of Apples 'fix' with regards to Yosemite WiFi issues ?

Wifi After Boot.png After SSID change.png
WiFi Straight after Boot WiFi after SSID Change

At first i thought this could be Clover faults, since the CC patch is a on-the-fly patch and the actual kext is not physically patched only the version loaded in memory/kext cache. So i disabled the Clover patch and applied it as a console binary patch, rebuild caches, reboot ... etc

However to my surprise the behaviour is the same, after a SSID change CC is returned to XT .. ?

As stated before this has only started to happen since 10.10.3 update, to me this would suggest possibly either of the following :-

1. When resetting the WiFi Stack OS X now reads the CC from the Cards firmware and resets OS X CC to whatever the card is.

2. Is it possible that the FakePCI kext(s) are not surviving a WiFi Stack Reset ? -I think this unlikely as Card is still detected as AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x2123)

I am wondering if anybody else has seen this behaviour as its pretty simple to re-create by changing from 5Ghz SSID to 2.4Ghz SSID and checking CC before and after, am happy to provide any debug if you have any ideas ?

Cheers
Jay

1. When resetting the WiFi Stack OS X now reads the CC from the Cards firmware and resets OS X CC to whatever the card is.

It is possible, although I tested changing SSID (to my 2.4 and back to 5) and 5Ghz was retained.

2. Is it possible that the FakePCI kext(s) are not surviving a WiFi Stack Reset ? -I think this unlikely as Card is still detected as AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x2123)

You can see if FakePCIID survives by looking at ioreg.

It is possible, although I tested changing SSID (to my 2.4 and back to 5) and 5Ghz was retained.

@RM,

Strange .... I just don't understand why its reverting back to 'XT' on SSID change ?

You can see if FakePCIID survives by looking at ioreg.

Yep, its still there after SSID change :-
Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 15.43.35.png
Cheers
Jay

Just to comment I observe the same kext reloading and losing all 5Ghz channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back