Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehabman et al. thank you very much for providing support for this thread and I appreciate that very much. I need help in figuring out why my BT does not work after system goes to sleep.

I have employed Clover patches as suggested in the guide and placed BrcmPatchRAM.kext in the 10.10 of clover/kexts. I have tried rebooting with and without codecommander.kext but no bluetooth after sleep. I am using Vanilla BT and IO80211family Kexts.

With fresh boot Bluetooth works flawless with continuity and handoff support 5GHz WiFi and I can use apple BT keyboard and magic mouse.

Please see attached picture of the BT profile and looking forward to hear any troubleshoot steps.

Thank you.

Issue Resolved - I recalled that the issue appeared after I updated clover.plist with 5GHz patch, however, in my previous plist i have used BTFirmware Updater from EmilyDinesh and that worked well. I deleted BrcmPatchRAM.kext and installed the new version of BTFirmware Updater (v2.8) and also applied 5GHz and handoff patch to my working config.plist. This resolved the issue. Thanks

Attachments

• bluetooth.tiff
    90.4 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Rehabman et al. thank you very much for providing support for this thread and I appreciate that very much. I need help in figuring out why my BT does not work after system goes to sleep.

I have employed Clover patches as suggested in the guide and placed BrcmPatchRAM.kext in the 10.10 of clover/kexts. I have tried rebooting with and without codecommander.kext but no bluetooth after sleep. I am using Vanilla BT and IO80211family Kexts.

With fresh boot Bluetooth works flawless with continuity and handoff support 5GHz WiFi and I can use apple BT keyboard and magic mouse.

Please see attached picture of the BT profile and looking forward to hear any troubleshoot steps.

Thank you.

Issue Resolved - I recalled that the issue appeared after I updated clover.plist with 5GHz patch, however, in my previous plist i have used BTFirmware Updater from EmilyDinesh and that worked well. I deleted BrcmPatchRAM.kext and installed the new version of BTFirmware Updater (v2.8) and also applied 5GHz and handoff patch to my working config.plist. This resolved the issue. Thanks

BrcmPatchRAM should be installed to /S/L/E.

In fact, all kexts should be installed to /S/L/E.

Note: BTFirmwareUploader.kext is not recommended. It is known to be buggy on wake from sleep, and likely to stay that way due to the fact that it is closed source.

The existing patch for 10.10.1 and 10.10.2 still works fine on 10.10.3:

Code:
Find:    E8510E000085C074 
Replace: 66C70655539090EB

This makes the WiFi card show as US/FCC (and enables according channels, incl. 5ghz)

Do anyone replace the values via Clover - Kext Patches? Someone on my system it doesn't stick. I can see the 5Ghz SSID for a few seconds upon boot but it'll disappear and System Report would report the Channels supported to be 1 to 13 only.

so whats the proper way about it... i updated to 10.10.3 but lost 5ghz and handoff - maybe a link to the correct post ? (off topic i lost trim as well).

Last edited:
so whats the proper way about it... i updated to 10.10.3 but lost 5ghz and handoff - maybe a link to the correct post ? (off topic i lost trim as well).

Read post #1.

Do anyone replace the values via Clover - Kext Patches? Someone on my system it doesn't stick. I can see the 5Ghz SSID for a few seconds upon boot but it'll disappear and System Report would report the Channels supported to be 1 to 13 only.

I realise if I were to switch SSID after boot, the kext seems to reload thus losing the patches.

On boot usually I was connected to SSID, if I were to change to SSID_5G it'd timeout and System Reporter would not have any 5Ghz channels. I've set the SSID_5G to higher priority thus eliminating the need to switch.

Cheers!

For some reason 5G stopped working on my 650 after some updates recently - what is currently the best procedure to get it back?

The 5Ghz information is in post #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back