Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I wasn't clear, I've already tried the methods listed under that section in Post #1 and they didn't work. you can see the patches I've included in the config.plist I attached in my first post.

Post #1/BT Handoff (10.10 and newer)

FakePCIID is more complete. It enables AirPort Extreme branding (cannot be accomplished with DSDT patches).

Thank you.
Is there any difference between the bcm4352.kext and FakePCIID.kext?

Sorry I wasn't clear, I've already tried the methods listed under that section in Post #1 and they didn't work.
To be clear, your attached config.plist patches are not from Post #1. Try again.

Hi, not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I am using the IOBluetoothFamily kext patch from config-bcm94352-102.plist, so I attached my config.plist to show that. Is there anything else that I should have done?

To be clear, your attached config.plist patches are not from Post #1. Try again.

Country code is easily replaceable in the patch

@the-darkvoid,

Many thanks for the country-code examples DV,
I got a lot on today but will try and find time to test and confirm if working.

@All,

I've got a bit of an odd WiFi setup in that my routers CC is set to DE by default, my Laptop Hack is US (at the moment) and am surrounded by houses on both sides transmitting GB CC's.

My understanding is that many wifi devices (AP's and clients) will interrogate local 802.11d beacons and set the CC, channel power & available channels to a common denominator .... i've been looking at trying to disable this feature which i believe is controlled by the 802.11d protocol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11d-2001

After a bit of searching I found a command line patch on a Russian site which supposedly disables the 802.11d feature in OS X and it does seem to help.

http://wifi-mac.blogspot.ru/2013/03/80211d-macos.html

Warning: Depending on the country you live in this may be a departure from local regulations so use with caution, but if your trying to overcome country code, signal strength and channel issues it may help. I've converted it to Clover kext patch.

Code:
           <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Disable 802.1d Beacon</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                JMgFAABrEA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                JMgFAAD//w==
                </data>
            </dict>

Note: that disabling 802.11d is OS X Version and WiFi device/kext dependant, the patch above is for Yosemite 10.10.2+ using AirPortBrcm4360 kext.

This patch is not for everyone ..... if your WiFi is working ok then don't use it, however if your in a strange situation like me and want to disable the influence of 802.11d within the OS X WiFi Network stack it might be worth experimenting with.

Cheers
Jay

I understand what went wrong now, I need to use a proper plist editor rather than textedit. I've got everything working now, thanks.

If I were to employ FakePCIID for BCM94352 method do I still need the 5GHz patch? Seeing it already faking to a BCM94360. If so, anyone has values to search for 10.10.3 for ROW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back