Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the requested files is as useful as none. Attach the missing files, they are the most important.

Edited my post to add the regfile and another picture. I don't understand what you mean by #5 "Console/All Messages/airportd - select/Save Selection As:". Do you want me to search for "airportd" in the search box?

Edited my post
Attach files to reply.
wireless_bcm94352-110.command has nothing to with BT.
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, not installed; install.
Reply with new files.

[Solved]

I'm so close.. (macOS Sierra 10.12.5)

I have the AW-CE123H (BCM94352HMB) installed. I was able to follow the first part off the guide(s) and get WiFi working (with 5ghz), however I then moved on to getting Bluetooth working. Well now Bluetooth is up and functions like a champ but WiFi is now showing an "X" and stating "No hardware installed"....

Suggestions??? Thank You!!!
---------------
I needed to add "fvco: the-darkvoid #1" kext replacement!!

Last edited:
Card: AW-CE123H (BCM94352HMB)

So I now have everything working with one exception. HotSpot / Handoff. I can't seem to nail down what is going on here. Instant Hot-Spot and Handoff both say Supported (YES). However I don't see my iPhone / iPad listed in my available WiFi Networks (like I can on my MacPro 2013) nor am I able to see icons pop up. as I'm using my iPhone / iPad (once again like on my Pro).

Really need to some help as I have gone back through the guides several times and I can verify that the correct replacement entries are listed in my config.plist and those entries are being executed per the output from DPCIManager(Misc).

Thoughts, suggestions, ideas???

Thanks so much...

-----

0:110 0:000 KextsToPatch: 10 requested
0:110 0:000 - [00]: AppleAPIC (Skylake APIC fix, discovered by Pike R. Alpha) :: BinPatch :: data len: 8
0:110 0:000 - [01]: AppleAHCIPort (External icons patch) :: BinPatch :: data len: 8
0:110 0:000 - [02]: AppleUSBXHCIPCI (change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-Series-10.12)) :: BinPatch :: data len: 7
0:110 0:000 - [03]: AirPortBrcm4360 (10.11-BCM94352-5GHz-US-FCC-dv) :: BinPatch :: data len: 7
0:110 0:000 - [04]: AirPortBrcm4360 (10.11-BCM94352-CC=#a-Ramalama) :: BinPatch :: data len: 7
0:110 0:000 - [05]: AirPortBrcm4360 (10.11-BCM94352-Airport-Extreme) :: BinPatch :: data len: 6
0:110 0:000 - [06]: IOBluetoothFamily (10.11-BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot-lisai9093) :: BinPatch :: data len: 8
0:110 0:000 - [07]: AirPortBrcm4360 (10.11-BCM94352-Whitelest-0x4331-iMac14,3) :: BinPatch :: data len: 20
0:110 0:000 - [08]: AirPortBrcm4360 (10.11-BCM94352-Whitelest-0x4353-MacBoolAir5,2) :: BinPatch :: data len: 20
0:110 0:000 - [09]: AirPortBrcm4360 (AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo) :: BinPatch :: data len: 8

However I don't see my iPhone / iPad listed in my available WiFi Networks (like I can on my MacPro 2013) nor am I able to see icons pop up. as I'm using my iPhone / iPad (once again like on my Pro).
Normal: won't see iOS devices as available WiFi networks on macOS devices

Normal: won't see iOS devices as available WiFi networks on macOS devices

You should, unless this is something specific to do with not really supporting Instant Hotspot on this card. The picture "attached" is taken from my Mac Pro and shows the Instant Hotspots it can currently see. The personal Hotspots are shown automatically from my iCloud account (iPhone and iPads that have Cellular service). My guess is the problem I'm seeing with Handoff is additionally related to this issue with not seeing Instant Hotspot.

Any thoughts on Handoff and why it's not working?

Attachments

• hotspots.png
    hotspots.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 132
Any thoughts on Handoff and why it's not working?
Screenshot is not relevant; Handoff and Hotspots are independent and different features.
Only one non Apple person that knows how Handoff works is dokterdok and his solution assumes native hardware; no ideas.

Last edited:
I just bought a BCM94352HMB card, and I have been spending the better part of today trying to understand the instructions listed in the first post, but everything looks completely alien to me. Could anyone help me with the following questions:

1) Enable WiFi: if I understand correctly, I only need to choose one of the 5 methods listed (kext enabler; kext edit/Info.plist; dsdt edits; ssdt enabler; Clover/config.plist/, which is not working). I chose to use kext enabler, and installed FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext using Kext Wizard (I downloaded RehabMan FakePCIID-2017-0527). After reboot, I go to System Preferences->Network, click on the plus sign under the right panel, but no wifi option appears in the "Interface" pull-down box. I have double checked my computer's bootup UEFI settings, and both onboard wifi and bluetooth are enabled. So, after kext enabler, is it normal for the wifi to not appear in the interface pull-down box yet, or have I done something wrong?

2) ROW/WiFi Country Code: I checked Sebinouse's post about country codes, and I understand that I need to convert the two country code letters into hexadecimal (in my case, "TW" would be "54 57"). But in the "Installation" part, I don't understand the instruction "config-bcm94352...plist (repo)": I don't know where this .plist file is. I understand that once I find the .plist file, I just need to edit out the relevant values for the country code.

3) Airport/WiFi/Whitelist: Since my Broadcom card is not BCM94331xx or BCM943224xx, I assume I don't need to worry about whitelisting? But further down in "Installation (select one method), the first is "FakePCIID for BCM94352", and it says "See Airport/WiFi Injection Methods/1. kext enabler", which I have already done as noted above (assuming I did it correctly).

Just getting wifi working would be enough for me. I managed to get a Dell netbook and an MSI netbook running Snow Leopard several years ago, and the Dell also involved editing stuff to get wifi working, but this time around I feel like a complete idiot because I can't understand the instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS I almost forgot, in terms of my hardware, I am using an Asus VivoMini UN-62 with an i5-4210U (Haswell) processor, with a built-in 128G Hynix mSATA SSD, and RAM maxed out at 16GB (Kingston). As mentioned, I've swapped out the built-in wifi card and replaced it with BCM94352HMB. Other than a cheap USB keyboard and mouse, an HDMI monitor, and a USB flash drive to transfer files from my MacBook Air to the Asus, I haven't connected anything else.

I just bought a BCM94352HMB card, and I have been spending the better part of today trying to understand the instructions listed in the first post, but everything looks completely alien to me. Could anyone help me with the following questions:

1) Enable WiFi: if I understand correctly, I only need to choose one of the 5 methods listed (kext enabler; kext edit/Info.plist; dsdt edits; ssdt enabler; Clover/config.plist/, which is not working). I chose to use kext enabler, and installed FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext using Kext Wizard (I downloaded RehabMan FakePCIID-2017-0527). After reboot, I go to System Preferences->Network, click on the plus sign under the right panel, but no wifi option appears in the "Interface" pull-down box. I have double checked my computer's bootup UEFI settings, and both onboard wifi and bluetooth are enabled. So, after kext enabler, is it normal for the wifi to not appear in the interface pull-down box yet, or have I done something wrong?

BCM94352 requirements:
- FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
- 'fcvo' patch by the-darkvoid
- optional: appropriate country code patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back