Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mobile Phone
Android
Toleda and/or RehabMan, have either of you come across a problem where a BCM94352HMB prevents an Asus motherboard from booting? My computer works fine without the card in, but the CPU_LED stays solid red when the card is in. It triggered Asus anti-surge on my friend's skylake board, leading me to believe that there is some power issue with the card.

I don't want to get too off topic here, I was just figured with how many different people you have both helped that you may have encountered a similar issue that my google-fu has missed. I am thinking of buying a new BCM94352HMB but I don't want to pull the trigger if its possible that its just a compatibility problem. Asus doesn't whitelist cards on their desktop boards do they?

Thanks to both of you for all the help you've provided over the years!
Your card is not broken. I had the exact same problem. If you are using a mini pci-e card to desktop pcie-e adapter, there are two pins that handle disabling either Bluetooth or wifi. The adapter does not properly handle these pins and shorts the mobo. This can be fixed by taping 2 pins. Attached to this post is a picture with arrows pointing to the two pins you must tape. Sorry I didn't see this earlier, hope you haven't bought another card yet.

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Using AzureWave-CE123H, and I am currently stuck on Step 2/BT4LE. I am on El Capitan currently, and installed BrcmPatchRam2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, and I am not getting any Bluetooth. Enabling WiFi was very straightforward and easy. IOReg attached.
Nothing attached.

Motherboard
MSI Z97-GD65
CPU
Intel Core i5-4690S
Graphics
Asus GeForce GTX 770 OC
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
No bluetooth on the USB bus. USB configuration problem. Off-topic here.
See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/
Thanks for the link and that is good to know, I was not aware of USB changes (my USB 2 and 3 ports worked immediately post-install).

One more question. I wasn't even able to get the bluetooth on this AWE-CE123H working in Windows, no matter what drivers I found. Is it reasonable to assume, that my laptop motherboard's half-mini slot, is not capable of talking to USB? (similar to the half-mini PCI adapters needing a cable to be plugged into a desktop motherboard?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
One more question. I wasn't even able to get the bluetooth on this AWE-CE123H working in Windows, no matter what drivers I found. Is it reasonable to assume, that my laptop motherboard's half-mini slot, is not capable of talking to USB? (similar to the half-mini PCI adapters needing a cable to be plugged into a desktop motherboard?
It is possible, but unlikely.
Before you replaced the WiFi card, was BT working in Windows?

Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 (2018)
CPU
I7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070HQ
Mac
iMac, MacBook, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iBook, iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Your card is not broken. I had the exact same problem. If you are using a mini pci-e card to desktop pcie-e adapter, there are two pins that handle disabling either Bluetooth or wifi. The adapter does not properly handle these pins and shorts the mobo. This can be fixed by taping 2 pins. Attached to this post is a picture with arrows pointing to the two pins you must tape. Sorry I didn't see this earlier, hope you haven't bought another card yet.
You are a straight legend. Works perfect now that I put tape over those two pins. You have no idea how long I've been trying to figure this problem out (going on a year now). I'm glad I'm not the only one out there with this issue haha, I thought I was going crazy. I owe you one, thanks again!

Motherboard
MSI Z97-GD65
CPU
Intel Core i5-4690S
Graphics
Asus GeForce GTX 770 OC
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
It is possible, but unlikely.
Before you replaced the WiFi card, was BT working in Windows?
I originally had no BT. I've had success with the AW-CE123H in my last laptop (Alienware), and got BT working with it in Yosemite. It also had both antennas for Main and Aux. My current laptop only has one cable for the Main, no secondary cable for Aux.

Motherboard
Intel Core i5 2.39GHz
CPU
Haswell
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
MacBook Pro
No edits to the AirPortBrcm4360.kext required.
BCM94352 WiFi requirements:
- FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
- 'fcvo' patch by the-darkvoid in config.plist (labeled 10.12 5ghz patch in post #1)
I don't know whether 10.11.6 need the patch in config.plist
According to the #1 I just need to install FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext which can make my WiFi works,but my WiFi always in "Looking for networks" without available results ,my BT couldn't work properly too ,it couldn't receive any data from other BT devices but it can successfully sent to others.

In short ,WiFi couldn't find any available devices and BT couldn't find too(but can be connected by other devices)
Do I need a patch of 10.11 ? (config-bcm94352-110.plist)

Status
Not open for further replies.