Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't see it spelled out anywhere: to which file am I applying the whitelist patch? (Trying to get a BCM43224 working in Sierra, if it matters.)

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
OK, didn't realize you're proposing not a new patch, but rather a country code that is not mentioned in post #1 or related links.
RM,

Yes, the main guide is quite vague when it comes to Country codes despite several references to "See ROW/WiFi Country Code above" All that section actually has is a link to a base converter web page and does not make it clear about the importance of setting this for those of us outside of the US. I think this section should be expanded with some examples of using alternate CC codes and include the special case #a as a get out of jail for those users who continue to have issues with AC network speeds.

I'd forgotten about the #a hack until i came across the post to you from Ramalama mentioned in my last post ..

I should point out that I'm running 10.11.6 on my WiFi enabled systems ... I haven't felt the need to update to Sierra yet as does not give any new features that i actually need or want ...

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't see it spelled out anywhere: to which file am I applying the whitelist patch? (Trying to get a BCM43224 working in Sierra, if it matters.)
Patches are in config.plist... KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch section.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
RM,

Yes, the main guide is quite vague when it comes to Country codes despite several references to "See ROW/WiFi Country Code above" All that section actually has is a link to a base converter web page and does not make it clear about the importance of setting this for those of us outside of the US. I think this section should be expanded with some examples of using alternate CC codes and include the special case #a as a get out of jail for those users who continue to have issues with AC network speeds.

I'd forgotten about the #a hack until i came across the post to you from Ramalama mentioned in my last post ..

I should point out that I'm running 10.11.6 on my WiFi enabled systems ... I haven't felt the need update to Sierra yet as does not give any new features that i actually need or want ...

Cheers
Jay
Maybe toleda will update post #1...

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
OK. What do I put there to enable a BCM43224 (dev ID 4353) on a iMac14,2 system defintion?
See post #1. Copy/paste from the provided plists.

Motherboard
Z170N-Gaming 5
CPU
i5 6600k
Graphics
GTX 950 Ti Boost
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I am having poor performance with my BCM94352Z. My devices are about -85 and -79 RSSI.
I used the files from RehabMan and follow the guide correctly but I feel I am still not doing something right.

What are some things I can fix or test to get better bluetooth performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.