i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@RM,

I think setting CC to #a somehow overides OSX Wifi CC / local checks .... I've tried quite a few different country codes (EU, GB, UK, EN, DE) over the last two years trying to resolve this issue ... many suggested personally to me by DarkVoid in posts in this thread... but they either suffered from the same issue as FCC/US or locked AC speed to 300mbs ...

Example ...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.104850/page-119#post-1030397

#a seems to be a special case which is why i think it should be mentioned in the main guide ..

Back when DarkVoid first sent me the #a code it didnt work after chaging WiFi SSID and then going back to 5G SSID but now it seems to work well ...

Cheers
Jay

OK, didn't realize you're proposing not a new patch, but rather a country code that is not mentioned in post #1 or related links.

Motherboard
P8Z77-V Deluxe
CPU
i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz
Graphics
Zotac GTX 960 AMP
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So, I have a solution for ASUS ivy bridge WIFI. (Wifi-Go for P8Z77-v Deluxe and maybe other P8Z77 variants)

It's quite simple, just remove the screws in the WiFi-GO shield.

then, you'll see that it's just a mini pci-e wifi card.

I just tested it, replacing with a card that I had here (Atheros AR9285) and it worked. (So, there isn't any whitelist, you can probably use any mini pci-e card.)

image384.jpg

oNZ1jW5.jpg

qLySfbL.png

Last edited:
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't see it spelled out anywhere: to which file am I applying the whitelist patch? (Trying to get a BCM43224 working in Sierra, if it matters.)

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OK, didn't realize you're proposing not a new patch, but rather a country code that is not mentioned in post #1 or related links.

RM,

Yes, the main guide is quite vague when it comes to Country codes despite several references to "See ROW/WiFi Country Code above" All that section actually has is a link to a base converter web page and does not make it clear about the importance of setting this for those of us outside of the US. I think this section should be expanded with some examples of using alternate CC codes and include the special case #a as a get out of jail for those users who continue to have issues with AC network speeds.

I'd forgotten about the #a hack until i came across the post to you from Ramalama mentioned in my last post ..

I should point out that I'm running 10.11.6 on my WiFi enabled systems ... I haven't felt the need to update to Sierra yet as does not give any new features that i actually need or want ...

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't see it spelled out anywhere: to which file am I applying the whitelist patch? (Trying to get a BCM43224 working in Sierra, if it matters.)

Patches are in config.plist... KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch section.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
RM,

Yes, the main guide is quite vague when it comes to Country codes despite several references to "See ROW/WiFi Country Code above" All that section actually has is a link to a base converter web page and does not make it clear about the importance of setting this for those of us outside of the US. I think this section should be expanded with some examples of using alternate CC codes and include the special case #a as a get out of jail for those users who continue to have issues with AC network speeds.

I'd forgotten about the #a hack until i came across the post to you from Ramalama mentioned in my last post ..

I should point out that I'm running 10.11.6 on my WiFi enabled systems ... I haven't felt the need update to Sierra yet as does not give any new features that i actually need or want ...

Cheers
Jay

Maybe toleda will update post #1...

Motherboard
Z170N-Gaming 5
CPU
i5 6600k
Graphics
GTX 950 Ti Boost
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am having poor performance with my BCM94352Z. My devices are about -85 and -79 RSSI.
I used the files from RehabMan and follow the guide correctly but I feel I am still not doing something right.

What are some things I can fix or test to get better bluetooth performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.