i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hi Guys,

Further to my post in this thread here ...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.104850/page-205#post-1336828

and my separate thread here ...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/issue-with-5g-after-wifi-toggle-sleep.203378/#post-1337786

Regarding my issue of loosing full speed 5G AC WiFi after sleep/wake or WiFi On/Off toggle ....
After much searching and trawling i've finally found a solution posted on the alternate forum here ...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292542-airport-pcie-half-mini/page-27#entry2243610

It would seem that the issue is related to the Clover patch to change the Country Code (CC) to FCC / US ... as i explained in my previous posts this did work and enabled 5G which would connect at 876bps on OSX boot up, however my AC WiFi speed would drop to 300bps after OSX sleep/wake or WiFi On/Off toggle. The only way to get full speed back was to reboot.

I'm guessing that it does not effect those of you in the US but i live in the UK .... so for anyone outside of the US who is having issues with 5G AC WiFi Speed setting CC to #a (local unknown) seems to resolve the AC re-connect speed issue.

Hex Patch
Code:
Kext to Patch: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 4183FCFF742C48
Replace: 66C7062361EB2B

Clover config.plist Patch
Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Patch CC to #a</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                QYP8/3QsSA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                ZscGI2HrKw==
                </data>
            </dict>
It looks like the origin of this patch was on a Russian forum but was relayed to RM on the link above.

I've been suffering with this issue on all my Hacks which all have AW-CE123H WiFi/BT cards (laptops & desktops) ever since moving from the old Tolida Kext Injection methods (prior to Yosemite) so to finally find an solution is great .... I really think this should be added to the master guide as an alternate 5G patch for those outside of the US that have issues with FCC/US 5G patch.

Cheers
Jay

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Guys,

Further to my post in this thread here ...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.104850/page-205#post-1336828

and my separate thread here ...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/issue-with-5g-after-wifi-toggle-sleep.203378/#post-1337786

Regarding my issue of loosing full speed 5G AC WiFi after sleep/wake or WiFi On/Off toggle ....
After much searching and trawling i've finally found a solution posted on the alternate forum here ...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292542-airport-pcie-half-mini/page-27#entry2243610

It would seem that the issue is related to the Clover patch to change the Country Code (CC) to FCC / US ... as i explained in my previous posts this did work and enabled 5G which would connect at 876bps on OSX boot up, however my AC WiFi speed would drop to 300bps after OSX sleep/wake or WiFi On/Off toggle. The only way to get full speed back was to reboot.

I'm guessing that it does not effect those of you in the US but i live in the UK .... so for anyone outside of the US who is having issues with 5G AC WiFi Speed setting CC to #a (local unknown) seems to resolve the AC re-connect speed issue.

Hex Patch
Code:
Kext to Patch: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 4183FCFF742C48
Replace: 66C7062361EB2B

Clover config.plist Patch
Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Patch CC to #a</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                QYP8/3QsSA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                ZscGI2HrKw==
                </data>
            </dict>
It looks like the origin of this patch was on a Russian forum but was relayed to RM on the link above.

I've been suffering with this issue on all my Hacks which all have AW-CE123H WiFi/BT cards (laptops & desktops) ever since moving from the old Tolida Kext Injection methods (prior to Yosemite) so to finally find an solution is great .... I really think this should be added to the master guide as an alternate 5G patch for those outside of the US that have issues with FCC/US 5G patch.

Cheers
Jay
The original patch for 5ghz w/ country code in post #1 is from the-darkvoid. It allows for the country code to be set correctly. The patch provided in post #1 is for the US (of course).

And yes... if your networking hardware uses a different country code, you must use the correct patch that matches... It is in post #1, but you have to dig a little.

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
The original patch for 5ghz w/ country code in post #1 is from the-darkvoid. It allows for the country code to be set correctly. The patch provided in post #1 is for the US (of course).

And yes... if your networking hardware uses a different country code, you must use the correct patch that matches... It is in post #1, but you have to dig a little.
@RM,

I think setting CC to #a somehow overides OSX Wifi CC / local checks .... I've tried quite a few different country codes (EU, GB, UK, EN, DE) over the last two years trying to resolve this issue ... many suggested personally to me by toleda in posts in this thread... but they either suffered from the same issue as FCC/US or locked AC speed to 300mbs, or simply did not work

See this post from 2015 ...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.104850/page-119#post-1030397

#a seems to be a special case which is why i think it should be mentioned in the main guide ..

Back when DarkVoid first sent me the #a code (supercountry code) i would loose 5G functonaility after connecting to 2.4ghz WiFi SSID network and then going back to 5G SSID WiFi network .... not sure if it's down to the Apple chages in the 802.11 stack or the evolution of clover (and patches) but #a seems to work well with El Cap now and gives constant 5G connectivty all the time.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
@RM,

I think setting CC to #a somehow overides OSX Wifi CC / local checks .... I've tried quite a few different country codes (EU, GB, UK, EN, DE) over the last two years trying to resolve this issue ... many suggested personally to me by DarkVoid in posts in this thread... but they either suffered from the same issue as FCC/US or locked AC speed to 300mbs ...

Example ...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.104850/page-119#post-1030397

#a seems to be a special case which is why i think it should be mentioned in the main guide ..

Back when DarkVoid first sent me the #a code it didnt work after chaging WiFi SSID and then going back to 5G SSID but now it seems to work well ...

Cheers
Jay
OK, didn't realize you're proposing not a new patch, but rather a country code that is not mentioned in post #1 or related links.

Motherboard
P8Z77-V Deluxe
CPU
i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz
Graphics
Zotac GTX 960 AMP
Mobile Phone
Android
So, I have a solution for ASUS ivy bridge WIFI. (Wifi-Go for P8Z77-v Deluxe and maybe other P8Z77 variants)

It's quite simple, just remove the screws in the WiFi-GO shield.

then, you'll see that it's just a mini pci-e wifi card.

I just tested it, replacing with a card that I had here (Atheros AR9285) and it worked. (So, there isn't any whitelist, you can probably use any mini pci-e card.)

Last edited:
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't see it spelled out anywhere: to which file am I applying the whitelist patch? (Trying to get a BCM43224 working in Sierra, if it matters.)

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
OK, didn't realize you're proposing not a new patch, but rather a country code that is not mentioned in post #1 or related links.
RM,

Yes, the main guide is quite vague when it comes to Country codes despite several references to "See ROW/WiFi Country Code above" All that section actually has is a link to a base converter web page and does not make it clear about the importance of setting this for those of us outside of the US. I think this section should be expanded with some examples of using alternate CC codes and include the special case #a as a get out of jail for those users who continue to have issues with AC network speeds.

I'd forgotten about the #a hack until i came across the post to you from Ramalama mentioned in my last post ..

I should point out that I'm running 10.11.6 on my WiFi enabled systems ... I haven't felt the need to update to Sierra yet as does not give any new features that i actually need or want ...

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't see it spelled out anywhere: to which file am I applying the whitelist patch? (Trying to get a BCM43224 working in Sierra, if it matters.)
Patches are in config.plist... KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch section.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
RM,

Yes, the main guide is quite vague when it comes to Country codes despite several references to "See ROW/WiFi Country Code above" All that section actually has is a link to a base converter web page and does not make it clear about the importance of setting this for those of us outside of the US. I think this section should be expanded with some examples of using alternate CC codes and include the special case #a as a get out of jail for those users who continue to have issues with AC network speeds.

I'd forgotten about the #a hack until i came across the post to you from Ramalama mentioned in my last post ..

I should point out that I'm running 10.11.6 on my WiFi enabled systems ... I haven't felt the need update to Sierra yet as does not give any new features that i actually need or want ...

Cheers
Jay
Maybe toleda will update post #1...

Status
Not open for further replies.