Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus G771JM-DH71-CA
CPU
i7-4710HQ
Graphics
GTX 860M - HD4600
I did notice now that the USB is functioning correctly, sleep is no longer working (which doesn't surprise me).

I was getting this in the log: Wake reason: EH01 EH02 XHC HDEF

Which lead me to here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...-usb-series-89-keeping-vanilla-sle/?p=2177035

And I tried the same steps as described (previously renamed EHCx, applied usb 15 limit patch to clover, and patched DSDT with that "ACPI disconnect from PCIe identity") and that improved things a little, in that the wake reason is a little more specific:

Wake reason: EH02
[IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][SetRemoteWakeUp] -- deviceRequest() failed: 0xE0005000 (kUSBHostReturnPipeStalled)
ARPT: 79.039742: AirPort_Brcm43xx::powerChange: System Wake - Full Wake/ Dark Wake / Maintenance wake

Going to try and hopefully resolve. Any suggest appreciated as always :)

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I did notice now that the USB is functioning correctly, sleep is no longer working (which doesn't surprise me).

I was getting this in the log: Wake reason: EH01 EH02 XHC HDEF

Which lead me to here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...-usb-series-89-keeping-vanilla-sle/?p=2177035

And I tried the same steps as described (previously renamed EHCx, applied usb 15 limit patch to clover, and patched DSDT with that "ACPI disconnect from PCIe identity") and that improved things a little, in that the wake reason is a little more specific:

Wake reason: EH02
[IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][SetRemoteWakeUp] -- deviceRequest() failed: 0xE0005000 (kUSBHostReturnPipeStalled)
ARPT: 79.039742: AirPort_Brcm43xx::powerChange: System Wake - Full Wake/ Dark Wake / Maintenance wake

Going to try and hopefully resolve. Any suggest appreciated as always :)

Use _PRW patches for instant wake (disconnecting ACPI identity is bad idea).

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Motherboard
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
CPU
i3 9100
Graphics
UHD 630 & RX 5600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I bought a GMYLE 4.0 Bluetooth dongle and it is detected natively by OS X El Capitan. However Handoff isn't working. I don't need Wi-Fi since my hackintosh uses ethernet all the time. I tried the BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot patch using Clover but I still see Handoff not working.

Then I tried BrcmPatchRAM2 and BrcmFirmwareData and still I don't see Handoff working.

Am I missing something? Or how does one enable Handoff on Bluetooth 4.0 dongles?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Use _PRW patches for instant wake (disconnecting ACPI identity is bad idea).

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Hello RehabMan,

In my system I had this PCIe Identity disconnection applied, as it fixed the instant wake issue. If I apply the _PRW patches, I lose the ability to wake the system with the keyboard; I can only wake it up with the power button.

If I want to retain that ability, but prevent the pcie card bluetooth to wake my computer every time it goes to sleep, what would be another correct procedure to achieve this?

Thank you!

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello RehabMan,

In my system I had this PCIe Identity disconnection applied, as it fixed the instant wake issue. If I apply the _PRW patches, I lose the ability to wake the system with the keyboard; I can only wake it up with the power button.

If I want to retain that ability, but prevent the pcie card bluetooth to wake my computer every time it goes to sleep, what would be another correct procedure to achieve this?

Thank you!

Make sure you're injecting the proper UsbConnector type for your USB ports.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I believe they are correct. 0x0 for USB2 (PR01 in EH01/2, HSxx that don't share USB3 port), 0x3 for USB3 (HSxx, SSPx).

Internal devices should be 255.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Verified all devices, they have correct UsbConnector type. Question, could I make the BT card be managed by the XHC controller insttead of the EHC controller? Maybe that's one way to solve the issue..

BT will be on XHC if you don't use FakePCIID_XHCIMux (assuming you have the correct DSDT setup).

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
BT will be on XHC if you don't use FakePCIID_XHCIMux (assuming you have the correct DSDT setup).

Yesterday, I used your kext UsbInjectAll and the port limit patch to view all devices; I've also tried making changes to XSEL so it routes everything through XHC, as you wrote in a different thread. I've also disabled completely EHC with your SSDT patch. No matter what I try, BT USB always gets bound to the EHC controller, specifically PR15 in EH02(1A00000).

If I disable EH01 and EH02, BT doesn't work. Everything else that gets mapped to a port in EH01 gets routed to XHC.

I've attached my dsdt, in case I have more errors I haven't identified.

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl.zip
    27 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.