CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
is there any proper 3x3:3 b/g/n/ac half mini card that is compatible with hackintosh?
Broadcom BCM94360HMB.

No direct experience with it. May be hard to come by...

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
@The_DarkVoid,

I've noticed that my 5Ghz wifi (AW-CE123H) occasionally still disappears, I am currently using #a as CC but it does it with US, GB ... etc, at first i though this was fixed as it still works after sleep ...

But after a deep sleep like over-night, 5Ghz is no longer seen by OS X, checking WiFi on System Profiler shows that CC has returned to XT ?

After a bit more experimentation i found that the same happens after changing SSID from my 5Ghz to my 2.4Ghz network. This would suggest that changing SSID to 2.4Ghz causes a WiFi Stack reset (as does a deep sleep ?) which is different to previous OS X releases - perhaps this is part of Apples 'fix' with regards to Yosemite WiFi issues ?

Wifi After Boot.png After SSID change.png
WiFi Straight after Boot WiFi after SSID Change

At first i thought this could be Clover faults, since the CC patch is a on-the-fly patch and the actual kext is not physically patched only the version loaded in memory/kext cache. So i disabled the Clover patch and applied it as a console binary patch, rebuild caches, reboot ... etc

However to my surprise the behaviour is the same, after a SSID change CC is returned to XT .. ?

As stated before this has only started to happen since 10.10.3 update, to me this would suggest possibly either of the following :-

1. When resetting the WiFi Stack OS X now reads the CC from the Cards firmware and resets OS X CC to whatever the card is.

2. Is it possible that the FakePCI kext(s) are not surviving a WiFi Stack Reset ? -I think this unlikely as Card is still detected as AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x2123)

I am wondering if anybody else has seen this behaviour as its pretty simple to re-create by changing from 5Ghz SSID to 2.4Ghz SSID and checking CC before and after, am happy to provide any debug if you have any ideas ?

Cheers
Jay

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
1. When resetting the WiFi Stack OS X now reads the CC from the Cards firmware and resets OS X CC to whatever the card is.
It is possible, although I tested changing SSID (to my 2.4 and back to 5) and 5Ghz was retained.

2. Is it possible that the FakePCI kext(s) are not surviving a WiFi Stack Reset ? -I think this unlikely as Card is still detected as AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x2123)
You can see if FakePCIID survives by looking at ioreg.

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
It is possible, although I tested changing SSID (to my 2.4 and back to 5) and 5Ghz was retained.
@RM,

Strange .... I just don't understand why its reverting back to 'XT' on SSID change ?

You can see if FakePCIID survives by looking at ioreg.
Yep, its still there after SSID change :-
Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 15.43.35.png
Cheers
Jay

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
@RM,

Strange .... I just don't understand why its reverting back to 'XT' on SSID change ?
Try US/FCC patch... observe any difference?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
Intel i5-4460
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Just to comment I observe the same kext reloading and losing all 5Ghz channels.

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Try US/FCC patch... observe any difference?
@RM,

I don't think its anything to do with the patch, I've tried US, GB, DE ... etc both as Clover patches and as binary patches applied via terminal. In all cases after switching SSID to a 2.4Ghz network CC is reset to XT and 5Ghz channels are lost.

Most of the time the CC will stick after a short sleep (no more than 3-4 hours) but after a long sleep CC is reset again to XT.

Since CC is also reset to XT even if i apply physical binary patch to kext .. i'm completely stumped ?

Only way to get CC back to what i want is a reboot which is a PTA.

Cheers
Jay

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
@RM,

I don't think its anything to do with the patch, I've tried US, GB, DE ... etc both as Clover patches and as binary patches applied via terminal. In all cases after switching SSID to a 2.4Ghz network CC is reset to XT and 5Ghz channels are lost.

Most of the time the CC will stick after a short sleep (no more than 3-4 hours) but after a long sleep CC is reset again to XT.

Since CC is also reset to XT even if i apply physical binary patch to kext .. i'm completely stumped ?

Only way to get CC back to what i want is a reboot which is a PTA.

Cheers
Jay
Hibernation disabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.